cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip code does not match billing address

alecng
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I saw there's a couple of similar questions that all point to the same issue and they were all resolved by getting direct support from Public Mobile. I am 100% sure I am typing in my shipping address correct, and I am using the the auto-filled values that the Canada Post autocomplete provides. I have tried suggestions such as eliminating spaces between my postal code with no luck. I am choosing my billing address the same as my shipping address, and every time I try to submit, I get the error "Zip code does not match billing address". 

2018-06-26_1943.png

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

PayPal left me high and dry after being ripped off on eBay several years ago.  I will pay with any other means available before I use PayPal.  I no longer believe they afford you any extra protection vs. just using your credit card. This is my personal opionion only, and many people swear by it.  I'm just not one of them.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@will13am wrote:

PayPal to the rescue???  I have only ever purchased SIM cards with PayPal.  In fact when there is a choice between credit card and PayPal, it is PayPal 11 times out of 10.  I don't want to fuss with typing in an address.

Paypal has been accused of some not so nice things before by customers, but I too would use Paypal over anything else if the option is available.  This is simply for the reason that it feels safer to me from a security standpoint to give my card number to as few companies as possible. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

PayPal to the rescue???  I have only ever purchased SIM cards with PayPal.  In fact when there is a choice between credit card and PayPal, it is PayPal 11 times out of 10.  I don't want to fuss with typing in an address.

Clearly, this software was likely programmed by a U.S. company.  But I am a little surprised that Public Mobile would not have this updated to say postal code instead to avoid any possible confusion.

@alecng wrote:

I've done as suggested - tried a different browser in private mode, typed in the address itself without the autocomplete values and I still get the same error message. For privacy reasons I won't post my exact address but I live in a house and I've never had any issues with any other site.

Send a pm to mod and they will manually create an order. Or you can just go to Walmart or Wow mobile to purchase the sim. 

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You know what?   Don’t choose “Same as shipping address”, just type your Billing address yourself.

alecng

I've done as suggested - tried a different browser in private mode, typed in the address itself without the autocomplete values and I still get the same error message. For privacy reasons I won't post my exact address but I live in a house and I've never had any issues with any other site.

alecng

Yes - see original comment - "have tried suggestions such as eliminating spaces between my postal code with no luck"

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you can, don't use the the auto-filled values that the Canada Post autocomplete provides, type in your address yourself. Clear browser's cache, use different browser, use Private / Incognito mode, turn off ad blockers.

@NDesai OP wrote "I have tried suggestions such as eliminating spaces between my postal code with no luck."

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Zip code is your postal code. Did you try no space between your postal code?

Need Help? Let's chat.