cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to transfer my Koodo number to public mobile

GongGong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently purchased a plan from Public mobile and attempt to activate by transferring number from Koodo. However, the activation is not successful and got stuck.

I need help from Public Mobile CS to handle this

8 REPLIES 8

Noogie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I take it back....now it's not working again.....the number for the phone changed again..and I can't make any calls...sigh...

Noogie

All good for me too mate...I ended up calling the Koodo porting 800 number....it went down after they ported it on their end but after doing something else behind the scenes it's working for me now too. Now I can relax a bit.

GongGong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

I finally managed to get it work... but not without hassles.

1) CS_Agent got back to me this morning to provide information regarding the transfer (phone number, koodo account, public's plan, etc...)

2) After providing the above mentioned information, They requested the transfer from Koodo and Koodo got to me and confirm if I'm transferring to Public, then I replied 'Yes'

3) My Koodo service terminated shortly after... but I couldn't activate Public Mobile because I didn't have a eSIM set up at that point and I have no way to purchase one thru my account online.

4) After a few messages exchange, turned out I needed to go to Telus Store to buy a public mobile SIM card, and then activate Public Mobile from that card. Public Mobile did reimburse the cost of the physical SIM card.

Noogie

I was able to find a Koodo unused sim card from a older phone that I had around.  So I got the Koodo side working again.  So got half the battle done.  I sent in a number transfer request to the support group so will see.  Just woke up.

@Noogie If you delete it, koodo SIM and you don't have access to any to it anymore  call koodo on the phone and explain to them. See if they will manually allow the port.  Then if koodo say yes, call the porting team and ask to have it retriggered.

Once you sort it out, if you don't have the phone number for the porting team let me know.

Noogie

I figured it out....koodo sends you a text msg.  And if you don't answer it with "yes" within a certain time limit all goes to hell.  and since I deleted the original esim I can't even call them.  

Noogie

Same....been 5 hours plus.  Sent a msg as well to the link

Sansan
Mayor / Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.