cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Try to activate my SIM card, but it failed. Can anybody help?

fshen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

3 REPLIES 3

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Please let us know what exactly the error message you are getting and at which step so that nice people here can try helping you resolve your issue.

Thanks. 

At which step are you having issues for activating sim card
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Did your credit card get charged? If not, you can try again, but this time try these tips:
-use private/incognito browsing mode
-clear the browser cache
-use a different browser

If porting a number from either Telus or Koodo, be sure to use a different e-mail address for PM than the one you're using with the old provider.

It's also highly recommended to separate the activation from the porting to minimize the risk of activation/porting error.  (Take a temporary new number from PM upon activation, check to make sure all parts of service is working, then port using the self-serve account.)

If your cc was charged, then you've hit an activation error. In that case, you should send a private message to a moderator for help with this. How to contact moderators:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Include your PM SIM card number, your e-mail address, and if porting, the phone number you're porting, your account number with your previous carrier, and the authorized name exactly as it appears on that account.

Need Help? Let's chat.