cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring number over

fredlaf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just joined Public Mobile and am having issues with my SIM. I received a message saying having diffuclties processing request to move to Public Mobile but not able to find SIM & activation online form. @CS_Agent

10 REPLIES 10

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@fredlaf, Hi there. Sorry for the trouble! Can you please send us a private message with your phone# and PIN# for assistance? Link:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communi... . Thank you! 

wrote:

Signed up to PM yesterday from Virgin Mobile.  Unable to receive phone calls and texts. Help?

Most of the time, this simply means that the phone number has not yet transfered over.  And as such, your Virgin Mobile service should still be working and all incoming and text messages will be delivered there.

Since you made the request yesterday, you will need to contact Public Mobile's moderator team.  Carriers set out to finish wireless to wireless phone number transfers within 2.5 hours.

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bev53.  Did you port your number over?  Sometimes it does take a while for the port to go through.  however, a full day is a bit on the high side for a mobile number transfer.

If you did port a number in, I suggest you reach out to the moderators to see if the port got stuck.

Click here to send them a private message.  Be sure to include your account number & PIN.
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.

bev53

Signed up to PM yesterday from Virgin Mobile.  Unable to receive phone calls and texts. Help?

matbasm

@will13am, Didn't realize that was the sender's number.  Thought it was his number showing on his texting app.

wrote:

Ah.  Ok.  Then the number port seems to have failed.  You will need to send a private message to the moderators team to have them look into the number porting issue for you.  They will be back on line at 9AM (eastern), and process requests in a first come first served order.  Be sure to include you account PIN number, phone number, and email in your message,

Click here to send them a private message.

PS.  you should edit out your phone number, as this is a public forum.

Where do you see a personal phone number posted.  400-500-0205 is the number from which the message was sent. 

matbasm

Ah.  Ok.  Then the number port seems to have failed.  You will need to send a private message to the moderators team to have them look into the number porting issue for you.  They will be back on line at 9AM (eastern), and process requests in a first come first served order.  Be sure to include you account PIN number, phone number, and email in your message,

Click here to send them a private message.

PS.  you should edit out your phone number, as this is a public forum.

fredlaf

IMG_FABA7A1D93F0-1.jpeg

fredlaf

I have a SIM card, and I entered all the information from my previous account at bell so can be transfered over but I am still not receiving calls or texts but am able to make outgoing texts and calls

matbasm

Hi @fredlaf.  Good to have you among us.

I'm not sure what you mean by just joined PM.  Did you set up an account without a SIM?  Remember that (this) community is not the same as the Public Mobile account portal.

Account activation is done on the following page:  https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

Need Help? Let's chat.