cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rate plan increases

Kim6020
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Are all rate plans subject to increase? 
I want to switch to Virgin Mobile. But their plans offered have a note included saying rates are subject to increase.

Is it the same with Public Mobile plans? 

6 REPLIES 6

Kim6020
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, I think it should be mandatory that they send you a text and/or email.  I realized after I posted this that Bell was about to increase my costs but only because an  agent happened to mention it when I called. 

XxSimranjeetxX
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I faced the issue with Fido regarding their increased plan charges citing inflation as the reason. After discovering this change buried in the third page of my bill invoice three months later, I had to contact customer care to confirm its relay three months prior. Guts. I mean, really? I just changed plan to lower one immediately with less data, but I didn't care. Then I started paying less in comparison to my original plan. In conclusion, very way of increasing the charges in my opinion. An email or text would be way better for this kind of ridiculous excuse. 

esel
Good Neighbour / Bon Voisin

Yeah, in all the time I've been with PM (5yrs), I haven't seen any increases, so I don't think it's that likely

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Kim6020 - I was with Virgin Plus and I got a Black Friday Costco Plan that was $40|12GB. It had a $10 - 15 month discount on the plan. It increased after that 15 month mark.

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Kim6020: The exact terms and conditions are given here; https://assets.ctfassets.net/xe7doznj0dju/1TbtVZv98kU1gWD5orA57y/01760196e6adec864609b1ac5e7ee2d0/Pu....

And for your reference the thing about rates is I quote,

Public Mobile may change the Services offered, including rates, and any term of the Agreement, at any time. If required, we will give you notice of these changes in writing, at least 30 days before the effective date, using a reasonable method to bring it to your attention, such as by posting it on publicmobile.ca, or by email or text message. By purchasing Service after a change has been made, including by continuing to top-up your account, you accept the change. If you refuse any changes, your remedy is to cancel the impacted Service or Agreement. You can cancel Service at any time, without penalty or cancellation fees. Note that any unused funds will not be refunded when you cancel.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kim6020 

Any telecom company can raise prices at anytime, but the likely hood of PM raising prices of a plan you purchased is very slim. 

Need Help? Let's chat.