cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Expired

holhm22
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
My plan was to renew on today, however it says account suspended, plan expired. Realizing that this was because of insufficient balance in my account, I topped it up to the required amount. Even after I did this, it still says the account suspended and plan expired. Does this mean I won't be able to use my phone for data/communication? I've done the top up, why isn't my plan paid for?
9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@holhm22 wrote:
Yep, it shows as active now, thanks!

Very glad to hear it, @holhm22!

@jimm wrote:

help help

If you haven't already, please send @Shazia_K the info she asked for via private message.  If you're not sure how to private message her, please see the link at the bottom of this reply for more info.

@WearySky wrote:

@stonechucker I agree that customers need to search more in general, but this issue is one that I can TOTALLY understand why people freak out about it.

@WearySky@stonechucker while I agree that it's good for people to take a little time to look around before posting, I'm 100% with @WearySky in that this is clearly avoidable and unnecessary angst to put customers through and it needs to be addressed ASAP.  I know that it's on PM's list but I don't know how quickly we'll see a solution in place.  I can only hope it's soon, as the evidence piles up thread after thread in the community that the current process is confusing, misleading, and not acceptable.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @jimm

I'm sorry to hear about this! 

Can you please send me a private message with your Public Mobile phone number so that I can quickly help you! 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

jimm

my auto renew didnt go threw and i woke up this morining to no service and my public mobile page saying plan expired account suspended. Im on 12 gig 3 month 120 dollar plan, any thought boys.

Now im without data and phone and at risk of loosing phone number.

help

help help

holhm22
Yep, it shows as active now, thanks!

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@stonechucker I agree that customers need to search more in general, but this issue is one that I can TOTALLY understand why people freak out about it.  If I wasn't a regular around here, it wouldn't occur to me to think that my account showing up as "expired" was just a weird glitch of the system, and something that other people encountered that's easily explained away.  The only stuff that I would ever search the forums for would be things like outages, or settings, or other things that don't appear to be specific to my actual account.

Of course, my first inclination when I had an account issue like this would just be to send a message immediately to the mods, but that also goes for most issues that people post on the forums that are obvious issues that can't be handled by regular folk like us.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Another maintenance update went by and yet another missed opportunity to fix this quirk.  Maybe the upcoming maintenance outage will fix this problem...

Clients need to start reading the forums before they panic.  All this is already addressed in the forums, and I believe one of the oracles has already posted a step by step of the autopay process describing everything, including the expiry and suspend status displays.

In this self service model, the onus is on the client to understand how the system functions, and there is more than enough information already discovered, posted, and re-posted.

I took 2 weeks before I signed up to familiarize myself with Public Mobile.  Yes, I still had an issue or two, but I knew to be prepared for the possible failure of those issues, and have some sort of back up in place so I wasn't without a communication device.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
The plan expired messaging strikes again! Honestly, if there's one thing PM could fix that would drastically reduce messages on the forums, it's this.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Don't worry, this is normal for everyone during renewal. As long as services are working, you don't have to do anything. You didn't have to add funds as the payment go through at midnight and status goes back to normal in the morning. Since you already topped up, check the status in the morning and i am sure it will be back to Active. 

Need Help? Let's chat.