cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help activating with Public Mobile?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

If you have any questions or issues when activating an account with us, please reply to this topic with your question or issue, and our awesome Community members and moderators will be able to assist you.

Note: Please do not share any personal account information in your reply

Thanks,

Jeremy

797 REPLIES 797

You're very welcome. 

Please mark it as solved if everything is all good. 

jcpetkovich
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks Mana, clearing my cache helped. I was able to register, thanks!

Mana
Mayor / Maire
Please try clearing your browser's cache and history and try again.

It's better to take a new number when activating the sim and port your old number later on once you confirm everything is working.

When porting, please don't enter the number to be ported in the "Alternative number" field. Alternative number is just another number where PM can contact you if needed.

Please let us know how it works out or if you need more help.

jcpetkovich

I can't seem to register my SIM card, whenever I try to select a new number, the continue button doesn't work (tried in chrome/firefox, and on mobile browser), and whenever I, instead, try to transfer my number, I get a "Alternate phone number regex help" error, despite entering the number exactly as indicated (10 digits and no spaces or punctuation or dashes).

Kailunee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just wanted to extend a thanks to @Rockdaddy22 for being super helpful while awaiting mods and @Shazia_K for doing the work.

I've been granted service and am now a happy, new customer Smiley Very Happy

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
This is awesome 🙂

Hello @kevinjalbert

All requests from the last PM were completed, please have both phones restarted, everything should be all good to go. 

Let me know if anything! 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

kevinjalbert

@Shazia_K Thank you so much! Immediately started working. Such quick response also 😉

I was wondering if I could private message you my Wife's details as well (I was holding off on moving her over as well until I could verify it all worked out on my end)?

UPDATE: I just went ahead and made the account and Private Messaged you the details to reduce any time in getting the information.

Rockdaddy22
Awesome work 🙂

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @kevinjalbert

I'm sorry for the long wait, I was able to look into this for you. 

Can you please restart your phone? you should see that the port has completed. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
Any update for this customer @Shazia_K

kevinjalbert

I've been trying to get Public Mobile setup as my primary phone since Nov 22nd.

I've went through the Queue already and was contacted by a Mod on Dec 7th. They solve the initial issue I had which was to apply the 4GB promo to my account. I have since then been waiting to get my number ported (from Koodo).

My porting issue has been escalated to their porting department on Dec 10th, with a 24-72 hour resolution timeframe. I have since sent followup private messages to Mods inquiring on the status as we have well past this timeframe.

Would it be possible for someone to take a look at this, or give me a status update on my ticket?

Thank you.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Kailunee@Samanthamcrumb

I'm sorry about this! 

I have sent a PM to both of you, please reply back when you get a chance so I can have a look into this 😉 

Thanks, 

Shazia

Rockdaddy22
@Shazia_K if you get a chance today could you take a look at these two accounts
@Samanthamcrumb
@Kailunee

Rockdaddy22
Have you started your own thread @Kailunee?

Kailunee

Thanks for the clarification. 

I guess we just patiently wait until a mod notices. 

It's EST. 

Kailunee

Would this be EST or PST? 

Rockdaddy22
Hopefully any now. I'd bump the thread around 9am if possible. That's when a mod should be here live.

Samanthamcrumb
Does anyone have an idea about when I can expect to hear from a moderator? I've been without a phone for four days and still haven't heard anything back.

Samanthamcrumb

Samanthamcrumb
I also contacted a mod on Thursday night but no response yet. And the payment for $120.00 from public mobile is now showing up on my credit card statement.

Rockdaddy22
I'll tag a mod since it's a no service issue, we'll see if they have time today. @Saray_O

Kailunee

@Rockdaddy22 I have, a couple days ago. I realize that mods are being swamped right now, but could there be an estimate as to how long they would reply? 

I'd like this resolved ASAP as I need my phone for job searching as a recent graduate Woman Tongue

Rockdaddy22
Have you guys sent messages to mods yet?

Samanthamcrumb
No, my credit card hasn't been charged yet but the confirmation email details the payment.

Kailunee

Number has been ported, credit card charged, but no service and no account has been created during activation. Inserting the SIM card shows a no service icon; what am I to do? 

• Activation initially failed on last screen of setup
  • Any subsequent attempts in activating I get presented an invalid SIM message

If there's any chance of having this resolved ASAP, please do so. Thanks!

Samanthamcrumb
Also when I try to enter my phone number on Public's website to create a self serve account rather than just sign in using my email, it says it is not a valid phone number.

Rockdaddy22
Has your credit card been charged?

Samanthamcrumb
Yes, it says the phone is connected to public's network but that I do not have any phone minutes or text in my plan when I try to do either of those things.
Need Help? Let's chat.