cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping old number.

stiffler404
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. New to pm. Trying to keep old number 705-870-xxxx form t-bay tel. System won't let me. I have my sim and trying to register but it won't let me keep my old number. Anyone know how I can? Thx. 

3 REPLIES 3

allenw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You can submit a ticket request to ask and see if a moderator can over-ride this feature.

What happens is if your phone number is from a specific city from your previous provider, and the current provider doesn't have anymore of those phone numbers, you will run into a problem when you try to port your phone number over.

For example, phone numbers in Richmond, BC no longer are actively given out for some of the Telecommunication companies in Canada. If a user wishes to port over from Company A to B but his original phone number was from Richmond, BC, sometimes they'll run into porting issues. Some companies are able to bypass this using an internal system when they port phone numbers, or they can contact their porting centre for more help. 

In your specific case, if Public Mobile cannot override this at this time, you won't be able to bring over your phone number unfortunately. 

@stiffler404 wrote:

Hi. New to pm. Trying to keep old number 705-870-xxxx form t-bay tel. System won't let me. I have my sim and trying to register but it won't let me keep my old number. Anyone know how I can? Thx. 

While Telus Integrated Solutions does offer numbers to customers, Telus Mobility does not offer numbers for Chapleau, Ontario.  I believe that's the reason you can't port your number in.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There are certain numbers that cannot be ported over to PM. Unfortunately this seems to be one of them, sorry... I tested with a random number via Self Serve and here: https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en

So you will have to take a new number. I see 807-709-xxxx numbers are available for Tbay.

As for your old number, you can port it to a VOIP service and then forward those calls to your new PM number. This won't help with outgoing calls though.

Need Help? Let's chat.