cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid SIM

PMinLondon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

During the activation process of the SIM card, I have input all the information until "Step 4 Review Your Order", and I found a typo of the Date of Birth. But there is no option for me to change it in Step 4. So I hit the Previous button to go back to Step 1 to correct the typo.

When I hit the Previous button, it pops up a meesage says that if I go back to the previou steps, I will need to submit a new request. At that time, I thought it's fine and I will just re-type the information.

But then when I re-input all the information again on Step 1 with the same SIM number, and now it says "Invalid SIM". The SIM car is still brand new! Is this a system glitch that it recognizes my SIM card has been used at activation? Does it mean I have to order another SIM card, which is not fair because I just want to correct one typo in the Review Step. 

Any suggestion and assistance is appreciated. Also one suggestion to Public Mobile to add the "Change" option in the Review step of activating the SIM Card so we can edit any changes in the Step 4 rather than going back all the way to Step 1.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Zhuoyu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It is because of the Chrome browser! Try with another browser and it should work!

PMinLondon

Thank you, @mimmo and @popping.

I clear my catche and re-input the information again and it works!!! Thanks a lot for your help!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@PMinLondon

IIRC, restart you browser and redo the activation again will work.  I did the same thing 1 week ago 

mimmo

also try incognito mode.  if you still have issues then i would send a private message to the mods with your sim number.  

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

PMinLondon

@mimmoThanks! I will try it in the next couple hours. Maybe I should also clear out the catche in my browser as well.

mimmo

@PMinLondon try in a couple hours.  the sim number is probably in the activation system's memory(cache)  and needs to be cleared out. 

Need Help? Let's chat.