cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identity Verification via. Public Mobile Phone Bill

waynechen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am in the progress of signing up with a new bank. However, to verify my identity, I would require that I send the bank an original copy of my latest phone bill that contains my name and address. 

Through some research, it seems public mobile does not provide a formal invoice to their customers. I am sure the moderators have access to an internal invoicing system which generates invoices for each bill payment. Is this the case and if not, is there anything else that can be done so I can move forward with the bank?

5 REPLIES 5

@waynechen wrote:

I am in the progress of signing up with a new bank. However, to verify my identity, I would require that I send the bank an original copy of my latest phone bill that contains my name and address. 

Through some research, it seems public mobile does not provide a formal invoice to their customers. I am sure the moderators have access to an internal invoicing system which generates invoices for each bill payment. Is this the case and if not, is there anything else that can be done so I can move forward with the bank?

I wouldn't bother if the reason for the receipt is to confirm identity.  Public Mobile never verified your address to begin with.  I would try and use something like a statement from another bank (if you have one), hydro bill, property tax bill, or income tax assessment.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@waynechen wrote:

A lot of banks won't take PM as a proof of residency as it is a prepaid service there is no requirement to even give a legit address.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@waynechen wrote:

You can request your invoice from the moderator team, takes up to 30 days.

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@waynechen 

can you show the bank a different type of household bill?

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@waynechen wrote:

Just send the @CS_Agent  a private message and they will help you out regarding providing you with an invoice.

Need Help? Let's chat.