cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help sending International SMS

luceo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Am trying to message my nephew after his dad died, trying to message UK, have area code for the region he is in 01474. Have tried diallin 011-44-1474-number like I would if calling but text is failing. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated , we really need to be able to talk. 😢

5 REPLIES 5

luceo

Nope got this back: 

You’ve entered an incorrect number. Please try again. Vous avez entré un numéro incomplet. Veuillez réessayer.

luceo

Got a text back saying this; You’ve entered an incorrect number. Please try again. Vous avez entré un numéro incomplet. Veuillez réessayer.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have sent SMS to a friend in the UK.  I used 011 44 xxxx... and it worked fine.  Maybe try a different SMS app.  I used the stock google app.

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@luceo, have you tried simply '+', the country code for UK, then the number with area code.  Another provider's web site indicates that is the proper format for LTE.  Not sure if it is specific to that carrier (VM) though.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@luceowrote:

Am trying to message my nephew after his dad died, trying to message UK, have area code for the region he is in 01474. Have tried diallin 011-44-1474-number like I would if calling but text is failing. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated , we really need to be able to talk. 😢

Sorry for your loss.

Have you tried +44 1474?

(That format works for me on the stock messaging app and Textra.)

Need Help? Let's chat.