cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency Mode

dthawkins
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just signed up to PM, and can't make or receive phone calls.  It says "emergency calls only" when I try.  How do I get my phone off emergency mode?

8 REPLIES 8

dthawkins

Thank you for your help.  It worked!!!

dthawkins

Thanks so much.  It worked!

dthawkins

I will give that a try.

Thanks

dthawkins

No, nothing like that came up.  Can send and receive texts, just not phone calls. 

dthawkins

It was a pay as you go phone with Telus before.  I was told that PM is under the Telus umbrella so it should be ok.  I can send and receive texts.  If it was locked, would I be able to do that?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Welcome to PM  @dthawkins , try restarting your phone.  Remove and reinsert the SIM,  wait 5 minutes and restart it. Stay safe. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Sounds like your phone might be locked.

When you put sim card in did a message come up saying something like enter sim network unlock code?

If so, your phone is locked to old provider that you got the phone from. You would have to contact them and ask for the Unlock code.

If it's a Samsung phone you can get the unlock code by going to Samsung Canada website and open a live chat with them.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@dthawkins hello is your phone unlocked? if not you will need to contact your previous provider if it is a samsung you can contact their online support for a master unlock 

Need Help? Let's chat.