cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing my account but I don't want my number

mike22doyle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello there,

I am going to close my account with PM.  I have already turned off Autopay.  I don't need the number which I ported over to PM originally. 

Is there anything else I need to do?  What happens on my renewal date with no credit card number?

Mike

11 REPLIES 11

retsina
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@bridonca wrote:

If I were to guess, Fido is stress testing their data network, and free data is a good way to do that!  It could also be that Rogers needs to justify all the spectrum they bought to the CRTC, use it or lose it!

Stress testing... I thought so, too.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bridonca wrote:

This is one huge advantage that I appreciate when it comes to Public Mobile, and a big reason, I am a customer, and an advocate for the Public Mobile service.  Pretty much everyone is able to take advantage of the same deal!  No secret handshake needed!

@bridonca  PM has done various promos: targeted, and new activations and such which were limited, and promos open to all.  but yes it is nice that they often offer promos to all.

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If I were to guess, Fido is stress testing their data network, and free data is a good way to do that!  It could also be that Rogers needs to justify all the spectrum they bought to the CRTC, use it or lose it!

I have a Fido tablet data plan that is 100% free for a year.  I have another Fido data plan that is 50% off, but that is because it is tied to a 2 year contract with a tablet.  YMMV when it comes to getting this sort of stuff.  This is one huge advantage that I appreciate when it comes to Public Mobile, and a big reason, I am a customer, and an advocate for the Public Mobile service.  Pretty much everyone is able to take advantage of the same deal!  No secret handshake needed!

100%??????   As in free ?

what am I missing here?

@mimmo wrote:

@mike22doyle wrote:

No nothing special.  It's a data plan.  I don't find that PM is very competative in that market.  I found a more suitable plan for me with Bell.  I use a Voip service on my Ipad so already have a number that I'm using. 

Thanks

Mike

did you chek out fido's tablet plan 3gb/$15  oficiially you need to have a voice line with them but people have been able to go arount that by activating at 3rd party stores bestbuy etc...

^^^ This.  After 90 days, Fido has been know to offer 100% discount for a year.  I can safely say that this is the most affordable way to get wireless data ever.  Get a free tablet as well to maximize the benefit. 

mimmo

@mike22doyle wrote:

No nothing special.  It's a data plan.  I don't find that PM is very competative in that market.  I found a more suitable plan for me with Bell.  I use a Voip service on my Ipad so already have a number that I'm using. 

Thanks

Mike

did you chek out fido's tablet plan 3gb/$15  oficiially you need to have a voice line with them but people have been able to go arount that by activating at 3rd party stores bestbuy etc...

mike22doyle

Thanks

Mike

mimmo

@mike22doyle  it woudn't be a fall promo plan/ or a freedom port in plan by chance  you are letting expire  would it???

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@mike22doyle, there's nothing else that needs to be done.  Once the account goes into suspension for greater than 90 days, the account will deactivate and the associated phone number will go back into the pool for reuse.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@mike22doyle wrote:

Hello there,

I am going to close my account with PM.  I have already turned off Autopay.  I don't need the number which I ported over to PM originally. 

Is there anything else I need to do?  What happens on my renewal date with no credit card number?

Mike

Once your plan expires it will sit suspended for 90 days.  After that your plan and phone number are no longer available. 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Afton81

Without funds in the account, the plan does not renew and you should be fine. It should essentially cancel itself.

Need Help? Let's chat.