cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive incoming txt msgs or calls.

Maria555
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I ported my number from Fido last week, and have activated my SIM as well as unlocked my IPhone.

My account says that I am active, and I am able to make calls and send text messages, but cannot recieve either, when people call me it says my number is not in service. What to do?

15 REPLIES 15

joseph143
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

nothing happens,facing the same issue

joseph143

Let me try that

Anonymous
Not applicable

@joseph143 wrote:

i didnt make an attempt to port my number

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

joseph143

i didnt make an attempt to port my number

Anonymous
Not applicable

@joseph143 wrote:

i am not able to recieve calls or text messages, but i am able to make calls and text messages.

@joseph143 

It sounds like you're in the middle of the number transfer (or port). These things can take some time. In the meantime, you can likely still use your old SIM on your old service until it stops. When it stops then you'll know the port is done. Then put in the Public Mobile SIM and you should be good to go.

joseph143

i am not able to recieve calls or text messages, but i am able to make calls and text messages.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@akhilesh wrote:

I activate my sim card online about 3 days ago. I did not transfer my old phone number I chose a new one.

I can call , text , and use date but I won't receive anything

@akhilesh those are very unusual symptoms without a number port involved.  I'd suggest you reach out to the moderator team for help.  Here's all the details:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

akhilesh

I activate my sim card online about 3 days ago. I did not transfer my old phone number I chose a new one.

I can call , text , and use date but I won't receive anything

srlawren

@akhilesh wow this thread is from more than 2 years ago.  For future reference, you'll get better visibility by starting your own thread instead.

How long ago did you port?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

akhilesh

hi

I have the same issue and I would like to get help please.

akhilesh

i would like to get help please

srlawren

@Maria555 wonderful.  🙂  Thanks for the update!

Maria555
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yup, everything got sorted thanks!

srlawren

Hi @Maria555, were you able to get this figured out with @Kalla_A's assistance?  It sounds like an incomplete port to me, but Kalla would be able to confirm that for you.  Please give us an update when you have a moment.

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Maria555,

I am sorry to hear about this issue. I will look into this right away, and send you a private message with more information regarding this. 

Thank you 🙂

Kalla

Need Help? Let's chat.