cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't enable some 2factor verification

Tjb2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. New phone just set up, new number. It begins with 672 area code which I've been told is new and not recognized by all apps. Can I please get a new older area code that is recognized.?

4 REPLIES 4

And maybe 236 or 604?

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@jimbobs wrote:

If you go to your self-serve page, you have number options there. Under My Profile, click Change Number and follow along.

672 was mandated in early 2019 so should be recognized by all apps by now. Maybe app needs to be updated?

@Tjb2 Actually, there have been posts here that say it's not set up with Google, and likely others. 

I BELIEVE I remember 778 as being a similar area code? If it's not, I can find one for you.

@jimbobs wrote:

If you go to your self-serve page, you have number options there. Under My Profile, click Change Number and follow along.

672 was mandated in early 2019 so should be recognized by all apps by now. Maybe app needs to be updated?

@Tjb2 Actually, there have been posts here that say it's not set up with Google, and likely others. 

I BELIEVE I remember 778 as being a similar area code? If it's not, I can find one for you.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

If you are logged in to your selfserve click https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/msisdn-swap/

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Need Help? Let's chat.