cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring a Europe add-on please!

gmd
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Going to 4 countries where all providers except Freedom, Chatr and Public will roam.

Bring a add-on please!

9 REPLIES 9

DDM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, one would think, it should be possible to piggy-back on the Telus options. I do have a fairly extensive deck of international SIMS. I'd say I have a 50:50 hit rate with reviving previous SIMs or buying a new one. I'd say no matter where I'm travelling, with a little bit of research before hand,  I can normally get a SIM and some minutes, texts and minimal, but enough data for 30-ish euros that lasts from 10 days to a month. I'd still prefer an Add-on from PM, so I hope they are listening.

@DDM wrote:

Yes, one can always buy a SIM where ever you are. It is however an extra step. It would be so much simpler if PM could give us the option of Euro and Asia add-ones for both phone and data. The US one is great and one of the reasons I signed onto PM in the first place. So I'm hoping they can extend those options elsewhere in the world.

@DDMHi DDM, You replied to a post that is over a year old.

Our network is Telus which is set up for Europe (And 100+ internation destinations) roaming at only $12 per day so it would not seem impossible. At that price point its probably better to just buy a roaming sim.

DDM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, one can always buy a SIM where ever you are. It is however an extra step. It would be so much simpler if PM could give us the option of Euro and Asia add-ones for both phone and data. The US one is great and one of the reasons I signed onto PM in the first place. So I'm hoping they can extend those options elsewhere in the world.

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Great thread - I feel your pain.

But in all honesty, I recently travelled and it couldn't have been easier to just buy another sim at the airport, pop it in, activate and I was set. 

Acekiller

As a alternate cheap solution, get a knowroaming sim or a freedompop sim to work worldwide.

Chaos_Scorpio

yea I would buy a sim card at the airports you land at (or train or whatever) ... it would be a lot cheaper than a roaming package. 

Or get a disposable pre paid. done. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@gmd, I bet your SIM card is not welded into the slot.  Buy local, save money, get more options.  

gmd
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Getting another SIM card is part of the current plan.

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

unfortuantley, it will take some time for this to happen (or if it will even happen at all). Telus doesnt even have Europe Roaming I believe. I would suggest a SIM Card for whatever destination you are going to (SIM from a Europe Provider) It will probably be much cheaper to go this route too

Need Help? Let's chat.