cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked Number

bertabronco
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My building intercom number won't go through on my phone.  I don't have anything configured on my phone to block it.  The exact message is, "This number is not in service".  Is there a way to verify if it's getting blocked at the provider level?

8 REPLIES 8

bertabronco

Thanks for the tip.  I'll see if I can find an unlocked phone and in interm just use my work cell for entry.

@bertabronco wrote:

How do I ask a mod?  It's definitely not my phone configuration as I'm blocking other numbers from spammers.

Before you contact mods, try inserting your sim into any other phone and then try dialing that number.

If same outcome, then you can send a private message to the Moderator_Team with your account info and an explanation.

bertabronco

Thanks for the help peeps!

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You can send a private message to @CS_Agent and provide your phone number and PIN and describe the issue to them.  Good luck!

bertabronco

How do I ask a mod?  It's definitely not my phone configuration as I'm blocking other numbers from spammers.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @bertabronco,

PM has no reason to block the number.  Check your phone call settings.  

If problem persists, asking one of the mods to look into this for you may help.  

As long as the number has a valid area code covered by your plan, you should be able to make the call.

bertabronco

Yup everything is working otherwise.  It just seems like its this one number from my building that doesn't go through.  I verified with management and it is setup properly on their intercom.  She even showed me that hers works without issues.

I know they spoof the number.  It seems like it comes from 1-555-555-5555 when it does dial me.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@bertabronco Have you tried dialing 1 in front of the number? Does that number go through from other lines such as landline or friends/family line?

Need Help? Let's chat.