cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 Digit Sim code

lezack279
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I checked my phone by enter the imei and it says it s compatible with the phone and im pretty sure my phone is unlocked 

Please help me out when i insert the sim and power on it wont let me in without typing in the 10 digit sim code

4 REPLIES 4

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lezack279 definitely sounds like a carrier-lock.  If you purchased the phone from another carrier (Telus or Koodo are okay, but any other carrier) prior to Dec 2017 it was almost certainly sold as locked to that network and requires unlocking.  Even some models that were originally purchased unlocked direct from the manufacturer (such as an iPhone from an Apple store or a Samsung from a Samsung Experience store) will sometimes lock themselves to the network of the first SIM card that's inserted, or even lose their unlocked status after a software update or an Apple repair, etc.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@lezack279 wrote:

I checked my phone by enter the imei and it says it s compatible with the phone and im pretty sure my phone is unlocked 

Please help me out when i insert the sim and power on it wont let me in without typing in the 10 digit sim code

This does sound like your phone is locked.  the IMEI checker only checks to see if your phone is on the black list and has given false responses.   We have asked for this to be removed for a very long time as many people have run into similar issues. It doesn't let you know about compatibility with the network.  I use apn-canada.gishan.net/  as it will tell me if my phone will work and give me the settings required to get my data running if there are any issues with the APN settings.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lezack279 Please, use this site to check for phone compatibility with Public Mobile.

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm pretty sure this means your phone is not unlocked.

It's not asking for the SIM code, its asking for an unlock code.

Who was your previous cell provider?

You may be able to get the unlock code for free.

Need Help? Let's chat.