cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Number is not in service" - what do you think should happen when you're out of country?

dubtee_eff
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am out of country currently with no service. I expected this and have no problem with it. However, when people call my phone number, they get an error "6UC3" or "6UC1" or similar telling them that my number is not in service. 

Any other provider I had would have my phone calls go to voicemail...why is this not happening with public mobile?

Apparently I also have to have an extra unlocked phone laying around so I can troubleshoot this. What a joke. 

9 REPLIES 9

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This should have nothing to do with you being out of the country.  Being out of the country is effectively no different from simply turning off your phone, really.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

they shouldn't need a country code, when you are out of service, it should be the same as having your phone turned off.  it should go directly to your VM.  It is strange that it is saying number is not in service.  I suspect it was another issue that has nothing to do with out of country.

zmh1175
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did they include the country code?

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @dubtee_ef,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I'm really sorry to hear that others aren't able to reach your voicemail when dialing your number. I have received your private message and sent a reply, can you please view it? We'll get to the bottom of this 🙂

Regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

dubtee_eff

Thank you!

@dubtee_eff  If you need to get something fixed, your best option is the forums.  The moderators are your best course of action.

I see you tagged shazia, to get the process going quicker send her over a private message with your account info and problem and they can have an early look.

dubtee_eff

@Shazia_K please advise.

dubtee_eff

Hi Canuck, sorry I can't tag you I'm still learning how to navigate the forum. 

I have spoken to support via email and they first suggested I do a bunch of things to my phone to see if it would work, including putting my sim card into a different unlocked phone. Then I explained again that I cannot do these things as I'm in Mexico and don't have service. Then they told me that I can't get service in Mexico and suggested I buy a roaming package if I'm in the US. Talk about missing the point...I explained already that I know I can't get service in Mexico, but that I certainly should be able to retrieve my voicemail messages and people calling should be able to leave me a VM. 

Now I'm here on the forum incredibly frustrated by this so-called customer service. 

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@dubtee_eff  Not sure what the extra phone would be for, but one would assume it would go to voicemail, i know for me when i was out of country it went to voicemail.

Perhaps this is comsehitng you should contact a moderator about.  Have you send them a private message?

Need Help? Let's chat.