cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vacation plan or hold my number help needed

prasprime
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Hi pm members,
I am planning to switch my another number from Rogers to pm.
I would like to switch pm now.
Is there a vacation plan or hold my number active.

I chooses the 90 days with no text or data and no calling.

Its not letting me to proceed. Without choosing aby if the above.

I thought, I can choose 90 days plan without any plan and for next billing cycle to start $120 plan.

I am going for 3 months out of country. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

Amandajs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We go to Mexico for 4 months each winter (and switch to our Telcel SIM as soon as we cross into the USA, as it gives us brilliant rates even on data roaming). So, if I understand correctly, we (my husband and I are both on PM) can suspend the service (for free) for a max of 89 days and still keep our numbers, and then get a 1month text only for $25/mo for each phone? That is $50 for us both (which is still better than the $10/phone/month or $80 we paid for the 4 months with the old carrier.

Can someone confirm for me?

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@prasprime if you are just trying to hold account open without using it?

Pick 10 days with global txt

Cost is $11

So you will have 10 days plan active + 89 days plan is suspended for a grand total of 99 days

Make sure you MUST pay top up on last day (truthfully I always do 2 days early just in case system or credit issue Cat Wink )

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @prasprime,

As mentioned in my private message, you cannot only choose the 25$ 90 day - you will need to add a basic service along with it (talk, text or data)

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mint9317 wrote:
Switch right away to 90 day $25 plan. And setup the promo $120 for next billing cycle.

Not sure if that will work though youd be the first to try. Good luck!

Skip the one step to switch to a 90 day plan for $25.

Just take the 10 day plan with at least an active feature and change the plan to the promo plan by clicking "change on next renewal date" in the self serve account. That's it.

mint9317
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
It should be $5 for 10day no talk / no text / no data. $10 for 30 days, and $25 for 90 days.

You might not be able to activate on a plan like that though.
You may need to buy a real plan during activation and switch. Promo ends today though so you may be able to buy a 10day talk plan during activation. Switch right away to 90 day $25 plan. And setup the promo $120 for next billing cycle.

Not sure if that will work though youd be the first to try. Good luck!

cheeseburger
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is a prepaid service. You need to select a plan and pay for it up front.

I would activate the plan on a new number to secure the promo then port your number over later.

If you can't stomach paying for a plan and not using it then I would suggest Virgin or Fido.

Need Help? Let's chat.