cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent BC- Require Public Mobile SIM

Gagliano
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi there
I'm currently located in the Interior/Okanagan of BC, looking to sign up with PM for service in Vancouver. I am also on the job hunt, and waiting 3-7 business days for a SIM is too long! Anyone in Kelowna, Kamloops area (or worst case Vancouver!) have an extra SIM available?

Cheers
15 REPLIES 15

Exactly GTA kijiji their cellphone shop doing the same thing free sim with activation help lol all thry asking a refferal when buyer activate sim if they find 40 or 55 ppls their plan will be free its all about getting free or lower their bil
AT LEAST OFFERING FREE SIM LOL
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@srlawren wrote:

@imm1304 actually it looks like the seller provides the SIM by mail:

as stated:

"Wherever you are in Canada, you can activate your plan yourself today (help provided if needed) and I'll then send you your SIM card by mail. For security you can temporarily deactivate your account so nobody else uses your SIM card. You can choose a new phone number or port your existing phone number."

I had not read the ad, @srlawren.  Wow!  Thats way too much effort.. this person may have the whole family on PM or something.  😄

And the phone number listed in the ad is from Montreal area.. so this person is mailing out from Montreal.  

srlawren

@imm1304 actually it looks like the seller provides the SIM by mail:

as stated:

"Wherever you are in Canada, you can activate your plan yourself today (help provided if needed) and I'll then send you your SIM card by mail. For security you can temporarily deactivate your account so nobody else uses your SIM card. You can choose a new phone number or port your existing phone number."

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

imm1304

Interesting find @Samianauman.

It is a hassle to go meet strangers and tell them to refer you when signing up.  Net profit in terms of Rewards will only really kick in much later.  Unless, of course, they somehow held on to a large stash of free sim cards from back in the days when they used to be free. 

I bet its more of a hobby than anything else.. the desire to possibly see $0 due on their phone bills.  

srlawren

@Samianauman I guess that's the cost of doing business, eh?  🙂  

For the record, I do not partake in this practice, nor do I necessarily condone or encourage it.  Though, I do admit, it's creative.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren
Agreed if you check in Ontario lots of add like this its good some how if a person staying long term if its temp like 3 months or so then its a lost
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

srlawren

@Samianauman interesting find.  I guess if the referred person stays with PM for 5 months, the kijiji poster breaks even, and any more is gravy.  I'm not sure if this is awful or smart.  😉

imm1304

Porting from any Canadian mobile carriers should not be an issue. Go with whatever is convenient.. 7-11 or Koodo.  

@Luddite wrote:

As @will13am has implied "desparate times, call for desparate measures". @Gagliano Two ideas:

a. Fongo (fongo.com) account with a Vancouver number on wifi, or your current cell data plan; free account and calling across Canada

b. Koodo prepaid $10 SIM, $15 text only, plus talk boosters (5¢/min)

Of course, order the PM SIM and change over once it arrives. 

Another option to tide you over 'til mid next week would be 7-11 Speak-out. Pick-up of the SIM card at their convenience stores...

However, porting from Koodo, another Telus subbrand, might be smoother.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle
That's a long drive from Kelowna to Vancouver specially on these hot few days. I suggest to look for alternatives until you get the pm sim.

As @will13am has implied "desperate times, call for desperate measures". @Gagliano Two ideas:

a. Fongo (fongo.com) account with a Vancouver number on wifi, or your current cell data plan; free account and calling across Canada

b. Koodo prepaid $10 SIM, $15 text only, plus talk boosters (5¢/min)

Of course, order the PM SIM and change over once it arrives. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Here's a link he's offering free sim Vancouver area
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-forfait-cellulaire-services/vancouver-downtown-west-end/free-public-mobile-si...

@Samianauman wrote:
If you order a SIM today more likely you will get by Tuesday or Wednesday if you won't able to find anyone here close by have a spare one

Last time I ordered one received in 2 business days but let's see maybe someone in community leave close by who have help you out with spare one

@Samianauman, OP said he cannot wait for a shipment and is looking for someone local to supply a SIM card.  In this particular case, I would go with a different provider if timing is mission critical. 

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
If you order a SIM today more likely you will get by Tuesday or Wednesday if you won't able to find anyone here close by have a spare one

Last time I ordered one received in 2 business days but let's see maybe someone in community leave close by who have help you out with spare one
Need Help? Let's chat.