cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel outside North American, would like a solution for forwarding incoming call

arachnesun
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I planed to travel outside North American for about 2 weeks, since PM doesn't provide service outside Canada & U.S., is there any solution for forwarding incoming call to another # ? 

9 REPLIES 9

arachnesun

Thanks

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I just went through this recently. Call forwarding to fongo #. Do before leaving country, else won't work.

If you want install a SMS forwarding app to email. This option requires your sim to be on Canada and your phone on.

arachnesun

Many thanks! 

imm1304

Sorry, I did some more reading.  

Conditional call forwarding while Unreachable sounds more appropriate.

Incoming calls are forwarded to the destination number when your phone is turned off or not receiving the network's signals.

Activate Call Forward Not Reachable:

• Dial *62*, followed by the 10-digit number you want your calls forwarded to, then #
  • To Disable, dial #62#

imm1304

You're welcome.  

Just select a local number for your Fongo account.  It should work.

To activate unconditional call forwarding, dial this:  *21*[10-digit number u wanna forward to]#

Confirmation message will display on your cell.  Do this before leaving home.  You probably won't be able to do this once you are not connected to PM's network.  

To disable call forwarding, dial #21#

arachnesun

Thanks! I think this will be the best solution! I got a Fongo # before. 

imm1304

I think conditional call forwarding can be setup on the network so that all incoming calls are forwarded.. regardless of whether the phone is on or off.  

You will need another number from a voip like such as Fongo which comes with a free phone number.  Then you use a local sim wherever you travel to.  Using data on the local sim or using wifi, you can answer calls and call Canadian numbers back free from Fongo.

In general your best option for travelling outside north america is to get a local sim card, but since there is no long distance option, you c an't forward your number to it.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle
Only way I can think of is that you leave your public mobile sim in another phone in Canada and tell someone to charge it.

Need Help? Let's chat.