cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time for some silly fun ideas....

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

I have about 32 hours until my 8+ GB of remaining data runs out on my 90-day plan (the promo 🙂 ).

Any ideas about what I can use it for?  I am thinking streaming HQ Audio on Spotify.   What would you do?

12 REPLIES 12

So, last week I asked what to do with 8+ GB of remaining data in my last 32 hours of my 90 day plan.  I streamed Spotify at high quality, and used about 1.5 GB.  It was a nice change, not having to listen to the country music in the shop 😉

However, on Saturday, when I went to do my laundry, I turned on my hotspot (secured), and used my iPad to stream music again from Spotify.

Ooops... used almost 1 GB of data on day 2 of my 90-day plan.  I forgot my iPad was set to stream high quality on WiFi while connected to ANY WiFi hotspot / Access Point.

I will try to remember not to do this again.  Thank goodness for 12 GB!

jpar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have a ton left in the final of my 3 month period too Smiley Very Happy

If I could have planned this right, it could have been a "pop up SIM" event in my city.

Freedom has just upgraded here, and right across the street is a public square.

Oh the opportunity we could have had to get SIM cards out there.

I even would have worn the cape!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

The orange cape killed me, that is the funniest and best thing I've heard so far today lollll. How about Netflixing it on your phone? =D

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

@SDO8 wrote:

You could gather some friends/family together and have a tethering party.  Cat LOL

Better yet, go to the mall, set up an open wifi and make lots of new friends that have 500 meg share everything plans.

Free wifi...brought to you by Public Mobile!

@stonechucker could wear an orange cape and get paid a commission from PM for advertising at the same time.  Smiley LOL

@SDO8 wrote:

You could gather some friends/family together and have a tethering party.  Cat LOL

Better yet, go to the mall, set up an open wifi and make lots of new friends that have 500 meg share everything plans.

@stonechucker, isn't it nice to have it if we need it.  I could have gotten away with the 3 maybe but the 6 GB plan for sure but why not go big when you can!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

SD08

@ShawnC13 this is the completion of my first cycle on 12 GB.  I didn't hit 2.5 GB last 90-days on 6.

Apparently I'm never going to be a data craver.  However, it's always fun to dream!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@stonechucker, sounds like your usage is like mine.  I am half way through my 90 days and have 11+ GB left.  Although last cycle something was up I went through 6gb while using phone as a hotspot in a short period of time.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

I don't have a 4K screen of any size 😞

Good suggestion though 🙂

SD08

Binge watch cat videos on Youtube?  But then they don't usually come in 4K.  Robot LOL

Need Help? Let's chat.