cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you for a smooth activation and number porting experience

zeester
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just wanted to drop a note commenting on the smooth sim card activation process that I had.

I was just switching over from Freedom Mobile, and was a bit apprehensive about the phone number porting process. When I searched the forums here about what to do, most of the posts were addressing issues that others had faced. Naturally, that worried me a bit.

I went ahead with the activation process anyway, and am hapy to report that everything went smoothly. The form was filled out, paid for my new plan, and I received an immediate email confirming account activation. By the time I put in the new sim card, everything was activated and ready to go. Tried my first phone call and it went through beautifully. And, oh, the LTE is blazing fast.... sorry, I was on Freedom's 3G, you see, and I never knew cellular data could be so... fast  🙂

Anyway, just thought I'd add a post here about my positive experience, so that the next person who does what I did - checking the forums before proceeding with activation - will know that while some may have, unfortunately, faced some activation issues, it can also go smoothly. Cheers!

11 REPLIES 11

zeester

Thanks for checking, @imm1304!

Yes, thanks to Shazia and Mary, the porting issue was sorted out very quickly, and I'm one happy customer Smiley Very Happy

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@zeester, I was away for couple of days.  Is your porting issue sorted?  

If not, I advise you send a private message to @Mary_M right away with the info needed to re-submit the port.  

zeester

Thank you for the warm welcome 🙂

Better coverage was definitely the main reason for my switch - with Freedom, I had no reception around half my neighborhood, including at my kids' school, which was very inconvenient. Now, I can make calls whenever and wherever I need to!

@imm1304 wrote:

Welcome aboard, @zeester!

Thanks for sharing your positive experience.  

I agree that it can be worrying to see a lot of problem posts in this forum. 

However, its very important to remember that this forum is the primary palce to get hlep.. there are no call centers or stores.  So, naturally, all the people who are experiencing problems and need help will post here and those happy with the service are less likely to visit the forum and start a thread.  

@imm1304 You bring up a good point that this is where people come for help and support, so there will always be more posts about problems. But I'm pleasantly surprised by how engaged and helpful this community is.

Speaking of which, I do need some customer support now - I'd just called Freedom to cancel my account, and they said that the number porting initiated but failed. I'll make a post in the Getting Started forum to get help from a moderator.

But otherwise, it's still been a smooth sailing experience, and I expect the number porting issue to be resolved easily.:)

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most of the post you see here is when ppl have issue.  Normally people don't post about positive experience.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@zeester... thanks for sharing!

Your post is a reminder that the porting process worked for many people and that new customers should not be hesitant to migrate based on the challenges faced during the last promo.

That's not to say that everything is perfect as there is still some work to do before the next promo (if there is one) will be launched.

So welcome aboard @zeester, and for any potential new customers checking this thread out.... Don't hesitate as there is a whole community ready to help!!!

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Welcome aboard, @zeester!

Thanks for sharing your positive experience.  

I agree that it can be worrying to see a lot of problem posts in this forum. 

However, its very important to remember that this forum is the primary palce to get hlep.. there are no call centers or stores.  So, naturally, all the people who are experiencing problems and need help will post here and those happy with the service are less likely to visit the forum and start a thread.  

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am from Wind/Freedom as well.  I would have stayed with them but their lack of any type of rewards or long term deals for a loyal customer made me look elsewhere.  With Freedom LTE, their price went up and I would have had to buy a new phone ($500+).   The limited zone coverage wasn't worth the extra costs.

So I am enjoying "freedom" with Public Mobile !  And the porting was relatvely smooth too.  Service has been great with PublicMobile !  

Yawsug

@zeester, I am glad that more people are posting their positive experiences.  I to also hope others are like you and read the forum prior to switching.  That way they can see the positive experiences and also see how well the community/web based customer service works.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

An other Ex Winder, I welcome you aboard, enjoy the great coverage and the great speeds

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@zeester, glad to hear of your positive experience and thanks for sharing it. I did the same when I switched from Rogers.  It is great to see the good posts so as you stated let's people know that things do go smoothly.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

From one ex Wind customer to another, welcome aboard!  Thanks for reporting a positive experience to help balance out the negative feedback. 

Need Help? Let's chat.