cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smooth activation

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
My cousin was at my home today for birthday party I had a spare sim so I setup his account from scratch he was with Rogers
Without any issues took me 10 mins or not even 10 mins

First we fill up form with referral as well 😛 then select a new number for Newmarket then when we were porting his old number all we provide was account number old number pin code for voicemail alternate number and carrier name it's was ported right away he was able to use data and text calls he was able to make only when I tried calling it's was ringing only on my phone was not able to receive at his phone then he left after 20 mins I called and he was able to get calls too
Process is simple if follow properly just want to share with other op here
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
3 REPLIES 3

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is how it is supposed to work 100% of the time.  The delay in receiving phone calls is due to porting taking time.  It is not unusual for porting to take a few hours.  If not complete in a day, then the process is stuck and needs moderator intervention.  

Thanks it's was pretty simple
When you click on activation
You fill out basic information
Name address city postal code country alternate number
Then next page
You select a new number
Then customize the plan
Then add a credit card then finished
Once you see line is active
Login to self serve and click change number then transfer wireless number
It's has 3 item in bold
And 2 mandatory filed
You only need to provide at least 1 bold item and both mandatory item

So we provide old account number and pin and third one was serial number of device which we didn't write
And also provide carrier name and alternate number for contact if things goes wrong that's it took 25 mins total and porting was done
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@Samianauman Congrats!!

May be next time you can screen capture all steps and make a how to for everyone. 

Need Help? Let's chat.