cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Not Receiving Text Messages

Dmfisher1980
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
So my us roaming package expired today and low and behold, I can send texts but no longer recieve them. Can someone help me please.
66 REPLIES 66

Aljanes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
No problem. Totally understandable. Thanks.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Thank you for the update @Aljanes!

this is currently a known issue and our technical team is working on it. For the time being, the workaround would be to let it self-resolve itself - or get help from us! 

Once again, I truly apologize for the inconvenience and always remember that we're here to help!

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Aljanes
Thanks so much for getting back to me but the problem actually did resolve itself last night. Is there any way that I can keep this from happening the next time I purchase a roaming package? It's rather inconvenient to be without texts for 12 hours. Thanks again for your help!

Allison

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @Aljanes,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I'm really sorry to hear that you're not receiving any text messages. As you mentioned, the issue occurs when the US roaming add-on expires, but don't worry, you have come to the right place for help!

If this has not yet been self-resolved, please provide me with your phone number via private message, I'll be more than happy to help 🙂

Thanks,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

rrturner
My advice would be to just wait until overnight has passed, and it should be back in the morning. Not sure that's the best solution that you would like, but it's one that seems to work. Until they have a better solution, that is.

Aljanes
Hi, I'm having this exact problem. I'm not receiving any texts from anyone. They can get mine and I can call out just no texts. Please help. I also just finished a 10 day US roaming package. Thanks!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rrturner glad to hear it's resolved!  Sorry I didn't know @Mary_M was on the case.  In any event, thanks to Mary, Marie, and Shazia for all helping out 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rrturner note that this doesn't seem to happen for everybody.  Both my wife and I got addons when we went to the US a few weeks ago, and when we got back we had no issues at all.

rrturner

Hi there,

Thank you for the offer and support; @Mary_M contacted me about an hour ago, and sorted it all out on PM's end; thanks for this!  Hopefully PM works out a solution to this US Roaming issue; as nice as it was to be able to use data/talk/text while I was away, knowing I won't have texts come to me (even delayed) for a while after the plan ends is a real drawback (as I'm sure they know).  I want to be able to support this roaming initiative, but bugs need to be worked out!

Regardless, thanks again to all who helped me out; very much appreciated.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @rrturner,

I'm sorry to hear about this, 

Can you please send me the phone number in question (in a private message) 

Thank you @srlawren

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

srlawren

@Shazia_K can you please help @rrturner with his wife's account?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

rrturner
@MarieHelene_L Latest update: Next morning now, my phone seems to be fully working now, but wife's phone fully unusable for data/talk/text, and she can't even log in to her account; she seems to have been completely removed from PM...Whatever tech support tried seems to have made it dramatically worse for her.

rrturner

Just an update, 3 hours later, still not working, and now, after they have attempted to fix it, my wife's phone doesn't work at all, and they have removed her as one of my referrals for discounted monthly rate.  Yikes, what a disaster.

srlawren

Thanks @MarieHelene_L, you rock!  🙂

rrturner

OK, great, thanks for the quick reply--I just pm'd you as well (wasn't sure if you see other mods pm's)...sorry about that.

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@rrturner @srlawren

Currently working on it! I'm on the phone with tech support to have this fixed quickly. Shouldn't be too long before you get an answer from me Smiley Very Happy 

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

srlawren

@MarieHelene_L if you are still around, could you please have a look at the PM from @rrturner and help?  It should otherwise reset itself after a little time, but it would be great if you could push along the fix.  I know Mary has done this for people in the past--I'm not sure of the details but hopefully you know the procedure.  Thank you!!

rrturner

Exact same thing happening to my wife and me right now.  So, we're sitting here unable to receive texts, which is a big issue for me in my job (not as big for my wife, but still annoying for her).  Agree, this needs to be addressed; I'll keep an eye on this thread--if it's not fixed by my next US visit, I'll have to get a US sim+plan instead...I can't have lengthy downtimes for texting.  PM'd a mod.

srlawren
@Taco if you're not sure how to find your private message from Saray, please see the private message link at the bottom of this reply for more information.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Taco,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I can see that my colleague Saray has tried reaching out to you via private message. Please let us know if you still require any assistance, and please include your phone number in your reply 🙂

Best regards,

Mary

srlawren

@Taco is this still an issue?  If so, please send a private message to @Mary_M with your phone number and the details and she should be able to assist you.  If you're not sure how to send or receive a private message, please see the link at the bottom of this reply.

waelrezk
@Taco
Most likely it will start working tomorrow. The system needs to rest some settings the next day. Unfortunately that cannot be reset manually and you have to wait. Public mobile are aware of the issue and hopefully they will fix it soon. It seems like a scheduled job or script that runs once a day and needs to run more often so we don't have to wait for it to work the next day. This really a bad bug and public mobile should give it a higher priority specially lot of people depend on txt which makes the service less reliable. I am really not happy that they haven't fixed this yet.

Dmfisher1980
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Message a mod. They will get you sorted pretty quickly.

Taco

my roaming package expired and I am having the same problem

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Thank you for sharing your experience @waelrezk!

Our team is definitely aware of this and working on a fix. In the meantime, please try to power cycle your device if this ever occurs or send me a private message, I would be more than happy to assist 🙂

Respectfully,

Mary

waelrezk
Now it's working and I am receiving sms. So it seems the system will reset the account after 24 hours from the expiry date of the US roaming is expired. Again that needs to be escalated to technical or billing to do an immediate reset not after a day. The bad part is you don't get the missed txt messages and you never know what was missed. It's really so disappointing to have this as a known issue and it is not fixed till now.

waelrezk

I am having the same exact issue. One of the moderators reset my account and still no luck. It seems the problem won't resolve itself all the time and that should be escalated to a technical team to check what is going on after a US roaming expires.

There is a problem here and it needs to be fixed so nobody else will have this in the future.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

As mentioned, I cannot confirm exactly what happens in the back-end but it seems that there is some sort of "jam" with the texts. It usually self-resolves itself, or we can try re-pushing the SMS service center # @srlawren 🙂

srlawren

Hi @Mary_M, I'd like to know along with @WearySky if this was indeed a roaming expiry bug or something else?  I think the last one I brought to your attention, thinking it was the expiry bug, turned out to be something else.  (Missing message center number maybe?).    EDIT: nevermind, I see you answered before I got this posted.  😉

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

It does not affect everyone @WearySky, however some people have reported that their text messaging service doesn't work after the add-on expires. This usually self-resolves itself, but I can't confirm exactly why this happens. Just make sure to power cycle your phone when you return to Canada, or when your roaming add-on expires 🙂

Mary

Need Help? Let's chat.