cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan details for a noob^^

mdeze
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I am currently on a 90 day provide wide pick & pay plan. I get unlimited province wide calling, global texting and 12 gb of data for 90 days. I have the US and Canada 200 min long distance add on too.
My question is that if I travel out of province, how does data work? Can I use it? Will it charge me? Also how does calling work? I understand me calling will take away from the add-on but can I receive a call? Any extra charge there.
P. S. I'm new to public mobile. Anything would help. Thanks 🙂
4 REPLIES 4

mdeze
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Thanks everyone. Yeah that's exactly I was looking for. I read it all, only thing didn't know I had to mark it as a solution to complete it haha. Thanks again ^^

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mdeze happy to have you aboard!  You've gotten two excellent replies from @wetcoaster and @will13am that I beleive answer your questions, but if you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to drop by the community at any time.  One last note even though you didn't ask about texting, I thought I'd mention that like data, it's available Canada-wide.  Cheers.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Welcome to Public Mobile!

PM is completely prepaid - no nasty (overage) surprises at the end of your billing cycle.

Your data works Canada wide - you might want to use a data tracking app  to manage your data usage. Once you've used your data alotment for your billing period data stops working until you either add a (expensive) data add-on or your plan renews.

There is a great explanation about talk add-ons in the Knowledge Base.

Edit: @will13am beat me to it with a very well written answer! Man Embarassed

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Public Mobile is prepaid, there are never any so called extra charges.  If you have already purchased a service, it will work.  If you don't have a particular service and try to use it, it will simply not work.  This differs from post paid services that will let you use any service even if not part of a plan package and ding you with pay per use charges.

With that explanation out of the way, data is Canada wide, so you will have no problem using data anywhere in Canada, so long as you have a cellular connection of course.  For the province wide calling plan, calling is still available when you travel out of the home province.  Calls can be made within the province that you are in.  So, those in province calls would not subtract from the long distance add on.  Unfortunately, once out side of the home province, incoming calls are treated as long distance and so minutes will be taken from the add on when calls are recieved.  You did not mention SMS, that service is Canada wide just like data.

Need Help? Let's chat.