cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUblicMobile was awesome for me last night

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Hey everyone in the Community.

As some of you know, I only recently became a member of PublicMobile and the Community, when I switched providers from WIND just 14 days ago.

Well, late last night, I was able to rely upon the terrific service available from the TELUS network in my area.  You see, with WIND, I had no service in my apartment, nor at my workplace.  I had so many dropped calls, or no signal messages and the like, that I just could not trust my old service.

Last night, my kitchen ceiling started leaking water onto the floor.  I grabbed my PM powered cell phone, and was able to make the call quickly to my property manager and a plumber to come figure out what was the problem.

i know this isn't really the right place to post a message like this, but I wanted to say I was able to feel confident my multiple calls would go through in the emergency.

Day 14 with the Super Hero PublicMobile wireless service!

15 REPLIES 15

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Lol 🙂

chrstyles
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm no plumber, but I know for a fact that you'd probably have some major damage to your house had you been with a carrier like Wind (whose service only works if you are within 10 meters of a cell antenna, in an open field and in a stationary position on a day when fewer than 3 people are using the network). It's for sure important to have a reliable service or landline at hand, because when I was on Wind, I couldn't even complete calls and missed a few important calls from my work; hence the reason I'm glad to be on PM. 

I don't know what would be harder to do, get a call to go through on Wind, or clean up all the water leakage/mess yourself!

@neo911 never thought of that!  cellphone signals = the death of ALL of humanity?! lol

neo911
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Chaos_Scorpio lol..i guess would need lot of Wind connections for my boat to sail !! ;o)

@@daredogg having mobile phone towers near you could also create a different kind of medical emergency in the longer run.. (hopefully, the radiation is not as harmful.. or else most of us are doomed in a decade or so...) well lets not be apocalyptic..

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

Hey @stonechucker thanks for the share! I must say that your subject line is somewhat click-bait-ish! You got my attention!  Nice way to get some bravos to move up on the list! Robot wink

Having a reliable phone carrier is imperative for medical emergencies. For those of us who live in big concrete boxes, it's annoying when you can't get a signal, and even more annoying when your phone is needed now! Thankfully for me, Telus towers are on my building! lol

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Well the only good thing had you stayed with Wind would be you would have something to move your sail boat in your house ... 

Spoiler
o.O 

neo911

@stonechucker

i can perfectly relate to your thought process.

This is precisely the reason i shifted from wind to PM. I was really tired of wind's network acting up and it being unreliable especially when i needed to call someone urgently. I had to search for a good spot to get network and then attempt the call. I had to stop from going in underground parking lots, avoid taking calls while in the elevator, shopping malls, costco. etc.

and what if i had to contact someone in an emergency ? what if i was stranded some place on the highway during winters and needed help.

all this made me switch to PM... and *knock on wood* all my worries have disappeared.. i no longer look at the phone before making any call.

so yes. PM is super duper awesome !

danette77

@stonechucker Glad to hear that Public Mobile is working so well for you, sad to hear about your leak. Hopefully your kitchen is nice and dry again. Smiley Happy

pm1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

this is really good to know that the Public (telus) network is reliable

JMCD

Looks like PM may have saved you money indirectly ^^ Good luck getting it sorted!

srlawren

@stonechucker sounds like you at least caught it before much residual damage was done.  I'm glad the network was there for you!

I can definitely sympathize.  April 1st of this year (yes, the irony of the date is not lost on me) I was at work all day, then went directly to a birthday dinner, and was just about to walk into my place shortly before midnight, thinking only of a nice shower and bed, and walked in to water basically raining out of my ceiling into my suite.  What an awful experience.  I have no idea how long it has been going, could have been any time up to about 16 hours.  Needless to say I was out of my place for a few months while the restoration companies did their remediation.  

Hopefully the cost won't be much for you.  If the issue was in the walls, it should likely be covered by your strata's insurance.  If it was due to negligence of the unit above you, it should be their liability.  You may have a deductable form your own insurance to cover your contents and any alternate accomdoations, etc., but hopefully it's not too bad.  Wishing you a speedy repair!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

imm1304

Hopefully it won't be too costly.  Good luck.

Rockdaddy22
It's great to hear, thanks for sharing. Sorry about the leak 😞

Hi @imm1304, the damage doesn't look too large, however as it seems to be an issue that has been building for a while, it might be costly.

im hoping for the best.

imm1304

Hi @stonechucker!

I hope it wasn't a big problem with the water leak and its all sorted now.

Its perfectly fine to post your story here, and we are happy that a fellow PM'er appreciates the reliability of the PM network.  

Need Help? Let's chat.