cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data SIM, no signal, emergency calls only

holhm22
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I just registered, activated, completed everything I needed to get started with PM about an hour ago, but there is still no signal at all, PM not even displayed as the carrier on my phone. It only says "emergency calls only". I did port my number over, but would it take this long? Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks @holhm22, that makes sense if you had previously manually selected your network!  I hadn't thought of that one.  I will try to keep that in mind for future issues.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

holhm22
For sure, under "Network Operator" on settings, my phone was previously set to Wind. What I did to fix it was changed it to "Choose automatically" which network to select.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Welcome to Public Mobile, @holhm22!  I'm glad you figured out the issue, as your phone is abolutely compatible with PM's network.  As @Luddite asked, I would also like to know what you needed to do to fix the issue, and I'm sure it could prove helpful to others in a similar situaiton.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle
Please tell us the fix so we can help someone else with the same problem.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

holhm22
Figured out what was wrong, works fine now. Thanks

holhm22

It's a OnePlus One, bought directly from OnePlus.net
It's unlocked for sure, used it on Telus, PCCW-HKT, and Wind previously

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Porting is a few hours for cellular, several days for landline. However, this error is not good and usually means you are using a locked/incompatible phone.

What is the make/model of your phone? Where did you buy it?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.