cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service/Failed Port from Nov 14th (Resolved on the 25th Day!)

akravator
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello PM mods,

First time PM subscriber here.

I've sent a message to Mary_M describing my scenario and I've issued support Request (#6481-2473).

- Messages to Mary_M on the 15th of November

- Messages not yet indicated as read.

- Support request ticket also from November 15th. No update yet.

I have a phone number, i have an active account, my old provider's SIM no longer works.

My PM SIM has never yet worked. 

- It doesn't work in my phone (Blu Vivo XL), or an older Nexus 4.

Cannot make or accept calls. No SMS, no data, no signal.

- "Cellular network not available"
- "The Number you have reached is not in service"

I've rebooted, pulled the batteries, pulled the SIM, and re-done APN settings multiple times.

Some SIM/network info is as follows:

Network: Unknown

Signal Strength: 0

Cellular network type: Unknown

Service State: Out of Service

Roaming: Not roaming

Cellular network state: Disconnected

My Phone Number: Unknown

IMEI: (########## <-- real number)

IMEI SV: ##

I do hope one of the mods sees this and can do something soon. 

@Shazia_K

@Mary_M

December 4th update:  Still no service.  I received an email on Nov 26th with a service ticket number and that "an agent will be contacting you soon" and they "...will attempt to resolve the issue within 1 to 3 business days".  

But no one has contacted me since.

December 1st email respones from Public Mobile:

"I can confirm that our technical support team is working to resolve your issue"

- With no hint as to what the heck is going on.

In summary....this is total BS.

7 REPLIES 7

akravator

Hey Mods?

Mind telling me what the heck is going on?

25 days no service.

Has never been any service.

I've sent PMs, I've sent a support ticket.

I've only gotten low-quality responses from an email support rep who can only tell me a ticket number and that it is "under investigation".  No updates about any progress or investigation in the past 13 days.  

Wildly infuriating when I was told that "We will attempt to resolve the issue within 1 to 3 business days" over 13 days ago.

akravator

Disagree.

"My PM SIM has never yet worked. 

- It doesn't work in my phone (Blu Vivo XL), or an older Nexus 4."

I've tried two separate unlocked phones.

clavijo

hi , it sounds to me like you phone is locked to your old provider, because if you put a sim from a different provider lets said on fido phone you will get the same thing that you are getting, imei is the serial of you phone 

Huntress
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yeah well I was told to go elsewhere to another service provider!! I went half a month without service because the sim stopped working! Someone else on here told me (You should have had an extra card) Really who does that?? I was asking for my time I lost back! And was told I didn't deserve it because it wasn't PMs fault the card stopped working and that I should go elsewhere!!!!!

Nice company, would you agree???  

magical
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I totally feel for you!

I'm sure you would have never signed up for PUBLICNOSERVICEMOBILE if you knew this in advance would you? 

I'm sure like the rest of US you thought you were forgoing "REAL" person support, in leiu of FORUMS/EMAIL. I'm sure you thought 24-48 hours would be resonable for a issue, or read, that usually within 2-3 hours they can fix the issue or have a solution.  I mean this is all what we read and contiplated before joining PUBLICNOSERVICEMOBILE. WOW what we got sure was bait-n-switch tactics... throw away ALL SUPPORT. 12+ DAYS is no SUPPORT. you have alreay lost 10% OF YOUR MONTHLY SERVICE. WHAT A RIPOFF!

I'm blown away! This is crap!

PUBLICNOSERVICEMOBILE

akravator

Bumping my message because I'm very angry.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Hope they can assist you soon. In the meantime here is a troubleshooting list that may help:

- go to settings, then general-profile and make sure that there is no existing profile, if there is a profile delete it

- check network is not set to 2G; use auto, 3G, or LTE

- check for operating system updates

- toggle airplane mode off/on

- reset all network settings; you will need to add back wifi passwords after that.

- remove sim for 5 minutes, then install and reboot

- try sim in another phone and a good sim in your phone

- if dual sim use LTE/3G slot

- LAST desperate measure when all else fails; backup the phone then erase all data and restore phone to factory settings

Let us know.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.