cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New monthly roaming options from ROAM Mobility

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi everyone...

I'm pretty sure anyone else that is a registered Roam Mobility user probably got the email, but just in case anyone didn't and might be interested, RM (not PM, RM!) now has some 30-day US Roaming plans:

https://roammobility.com/monthly-plans?utm_source=Roam+Mobility+Newsletter&utm_campaign=67ac51662e-R...

This may be appealing to some?  Unfortunately, given that just a few days ago AT&T announced some new pre-paid roaming plans that are a better deal, it's probably not going to be a very popular option for RM:

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/gophone-plans.html

So basically for 4GB high speed data and unlimited throttled data plus unlimited calling and texting it's $45 USD (approx $59 CDN) with AT&T vs. $65 CDN (approx $50 USD) for the same plan with Roam Mobility.

Anyway just thought I'd mention these as options for anyone looking for a longer-term US service option for longer trips or temporary relocations.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
4 REPLIES 4

@Shutdown wrote:

Freedom mobile has $15 US roaming add on. If they don't restrict that and you go the bare minimium plan which is $25. Then it comes out to $40 for 1gb before throttling that could be a better alternative if you do not use much data. Though I would check with the freedom workers first to make sure they allow that.

I don't think you can compare the Freedom addon to roam mobility of AT&T.  I believe the fine print says that you have to use the majority of your usage in the home zone.  Previously, this restriction was not there and people turned the addon into a cheap US cell plan. 

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Freedom mobile has $15 US roaming add on. If they don't restrict that and you go the bare minimium plan which is $25. Then it comes out to $40 for 1gb before throttling that could be a better alternative if you do not use much data. Though I would check with the freedom workers first to make sure they allow that.

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yeah RM also recently changed their SIM expiry policy back to a year as well.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

EDIT:  I just noticed the $45 AT&T plan does not appear to include calling back to Canada, so in fact the Roam Mobility option is still probably better for most Canadian travellers heading south!  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.