cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just wanted to say Thanks!

brobinson5662
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi everyone,

I felt compelled to write a little 'thank-you' to Public Mobile and this community.

I recently switched from Telus to PM and am very happy so far. This community has answered all of my questions and eased any concerns I had along the way about making the swtich.

I originally signed onto the $40 talk+text+2gb/mo, but jumped on the $55 promotion now being offered by future dating my plan. The process was so easy any intuitive.

In fact, the entire process from ordering a SIM to creating an account and activating the SIM was simple. I ported my number across and the system automatically closed my account with Telus and everything was smooth!

I have an iPhone 5S and was concerned about the APN settings, but without any intervention everything started working all on its own. iMessage took ~ 20 minutes to reactivate to the phone number, but text and iMessages were still recieved and I could send iMessage by email still.

Anyhow, just wanted to extend a thankyou to those who answer questions in the community and thank Public Mobile for a competetive product in this wireless wildwest of a country. For those of you on the fence about it - just do it. The network is great, the community is great and the value is massive.

Cheers!

10 REPLIES 10

Heavyrocker

BROB:

I feel same way,great people in this commune and very helpful and responsive.  THANK YOU ALL.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Telus to PM... not a huge jump, but welcome aboard!!!

I was very hesitant to move here from Rogers but in the end it's worked out very well for me Smiley Very Happy.

Hope you find the same....

brobinson5662
It does seem there are some hiccups in the system; but, from scanning this forum it seems there are known work arounds for most problems encountered. I've yet to see a situation that wasn't fixed by a mod should all else fail as well. 🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Welcome to the service.  As buggy as the portal may seem to be, it does work as advertised most of the time when things are done right.

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome to PublicMobile !   Glad I could help !   😉

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Welcome to PM. Hope to see you answering questions and helping others out.

ben10nnery

😄

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Welcome to Public Mobile. 

Let us know if you have any further question or concern. 

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good to know! I'm glad you had a good experience. I find that ones that have the most trouble are those that aren't tech savvy. PM's system is error prone system makes it even harder for these people. But we are here to help!

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire

@brobinson5662

Welcome to public mobile 

we all here to help each other 

specially this fourm it's a great platform you can get lots of suggestions solutions we all enjoy and feels great by helping others 

again welcome to pm where you won't be alone when you need any sort of help 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.