cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue porting out to Rogers

khatabadi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have requested to port my number from Public Mobile to Rogers. Despite the fact that my plan with Public Mobile should be active until May, my number has been suspended after the porting request. What is the best course of action now to keep my previous number with Public Mobile and port it out to Rogers?

I have talked with Rogers and they asked me to talk with Public Mobile for this issue.

7 REPLIES 7

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@khatabadi, because you requested the port via Rogers, it makes complete sense that your account is suspended, assuming the port completes.  Also, your account will no longer be active until May, as the port cancels your account, and no refund will be provided.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Leaving PM to go to Rogers?

Sorry to hear...... Smiley Sad

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13

Ok. Perhaps I should have worded it more clearly:

"Normally, a port is done from the new carrier (i.e. Rogers).  However, if Rogers says something is blocking it from Public Mobile's end then you should send a private message with your phone number to a moderator to look at your account."

Oh ok your original post could have been read that it was the other way

Normally, a port is done from the new carrier.  However, if Rogers says something is blocking it from Public Mobile's end then you should send a private message with your phone number to a moderator to look at your account

This made it sound like you were saying that it was a port in from Rogers , with the Normally and However wording starting the sentences

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

SD08

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@SD08, this port is being done by the new provider.  This member is asking to port his PM number out to Rogers not in from Rogers.  @khatabadi, as SD08 stated you are best to private message a mod and get this looked into ASAP I will tag a mod and you can click their name and send them a message.  They will need your phone number and probably your SIM card number, and explain what issues you are having.  @Mary_M are you around to look into this for this person

Yes, the port is being done from Public Mobile to Rogers.  I wasn't suggesting it was done by PM.

@SD08, this port is being done by the new provider.  This member is asking to port his PM number out to Rogers not in from Rogers.  @khatabadi, as SD08 stated you are best to private message a mod and get this looked into ASAP I will tag a mod and you can click their name and send them a message.  They will need your phone number and probably your SIM card number, and explain what issues you are having.  @Mary_M are you around to look into this for this person

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

SD08

Normally, a port is done from the new carrier.  However, if Rogers says something is blocking it from Public Mobile's end then you should send a private message with your phone number to a moderator to look at your account.  How to contact moderators:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Contacting-our-Community-Moderators/ta-...

Just make sure you don't cancel your Public Mobile account before your port is complete, or the port will definitely fail.

Need Help? Let's chat.