cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anyway i could keep my number and sim valid without plans for more than 90 days?

ray201314
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am staying in Canada for 6 months, 

and will leave for another 6 months and then come back again.

Is it possible to pay some fees( something cheaper than paying for plans) to keep my sim and number, and reactivate my account when I come back?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@raghu The answer to your question is in the first couple of posts

raghu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I sent a question not got answer to keep sim and phone number active what is the way

ray201314

Thank you all guys. @ShawnC13 's solution is great! 

Then it's even better then. 75 dollar plan on 90 days then but remove auto pay before renewal date so you won't get auto charge
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

ray201314

Thanks. Great solution. Im not planing to use data, so it's fine

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ray201314, I am helping a friend with possibly getting this service and he is in the same situation of sometimes leaving the country for more than 3 months at a time.  As @ShawnC13, suggested in his post, this is the only way.  There may be a downside in that the original plan may be lost.  The upside is you are paying very little while you are not here.  The middle of the road approach may be to use 89 days worth of suspension and restart the original plan.  This would halve the cost while away from the country.  It is one of those situations where you can't have your cake and eat it too unfortunately. 

It's will only work as @ShawnC13 mentioned
2 options either take 90 plan once a it's expire get a 10 dollar texting only plan keep it for a month then you have 90 days to top up after monthly expiry after 89 days activate again but as shawnc13 mentioned you will lose your old plan maybe whatever promo offered that time you can activate on that
But whatever you do make sure after first renewal date mean after 90 days service when you activate the line remove autopay and credit card informations won't deduct auto payment from account
Best suggestion or option gets a 90 days plan
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

If you dont want to keep your current plan, then simply changing to different carrier.  And port back in.

If you need your current plan, it wont work at all.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@ray201314, there is a way to do it for around $11 for hte 6 months but that would have you lose your current plan.  What you would do is pick the plan you want while in Canada and when you are leaving you can let your account expire/get suspended for 90 days I would  only let it go 88 or 89 days.  At the time you would activate and change your plan to a 10 text only plan I think it is ~$11.  You can then allow your account to get suspended again for the 90/88-89 days.  Then when you are back in Canada you can again pick a 90 day plan if you choose.  The only downfall to this is if you are on the 12gb $120 fall promo plan as you would lose it when you go to a 10 day plan.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.