Did you mean: 

I posted from Bell. I cannot receive calls

RichardKCLing
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Text and data ok
29 REPLIES 29

RichardKCLing

As it is now, I am not all that motivated with the steam let out of the first one!  😞

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RichardKCLing agreed.  I believe at some point we may have a different referral mechanism, but I have no idea if and when that will actually see the light of day.  In the meantime, we have to make do as best as we can with the current system.  Try to remind anyone you refer to be mindful not to miss or to incorrectly enter your phone number to avoid issues 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

RichardKCLing

It is what it is. 😞  But to rely on someone else who's not familiar is not very efficient.

srlawren

@RichardKCLing aw, nuts.  I was hoping that wouldn't be the case.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

RichardKCLing

Hello @srlawren.  Alas, @Simon_O said no.  I don't know what possessed my girl to put in my Bell number! 😞

srlawren

@RichardKCLing hopefully @Simon_O can fix that for you.  Unfortunately, I think you *might* be out of luck on this particular referral.  The way the system works is that the person has to put in your phone number in the referral field while they are activating for it to work. I know that if they happen to forget or miss that part while activating, there is no way for even the moderators to fix that.  [Which, coincidentally, I think is a very bad system limitation!].  I'm hoping that in this case, since your friend did put in *a* phone number, just not the right one, that Simon might be able to fix that.  But I'm not sure if that's possible. I just hope it is!

RichardKCLing

Hello @SD08

Thank you.  I just wrote Simon_O  and tagged him here now.

Apparently, my friend wrote down my current number (the one I just ported) and not my PM number at the time.  She's on the 90 Day plan.

I am finally getting the hang of it.

SD08

@RichardKCLing wrote:

One thing I am not sure is as I tell other people, how do I get "intro bonus"?  I told one who switched over from Virgin but I've never got the intro bonus.  

@RichardKCLing

If by "intro bonus," you mean PM's referral rewards, here's how it works: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Refer-a-Friend-Reward/td-p/411

In order for you to be credited for a referral, the person you referred must enter your phone number in the referrer field upon their activation. This must be done as they are signing up, as it cannot be added afterward.

You would look for their phone number in your rewards page here (be sure to click the little arrow to expand the rewards details):

PublicMobile_SelfServe_ReferralRewards.jpg

Referrals may take a few days to show up in your account. If you are sure your friend entered your number as referrer properly and if the reward doesn't appear in your account after a week, then you should contact a moderator.

RichardKCLing

Hello @srlawren.  Thanks for the Post.

I always like to know what I am getting into.  But one can only assess so much from analyzing.

From the marketing material I got a hold of after the intro - mainly the website, I intuit this is a new and well thought out business model.  I actually got in last November.  I was hesitant to completely switch over notwithstanding I know this is essentially Telus - funny, I don't like Telus but I do like PM from what I see.

I am familiar with Community Support but other "communities" don't seem to be as knowledgeable or caring.  Going back to the "business model", I like how the incentives are structured for more community participation.

After talking to a number of techie and nerdy friends who completely switched over, and traveled a bit over Ontario, I finally made the jump before this long weekend.

Funny I was talking to someone else over dinner last night who switched over to Freedom.  I have a feeling the coverage is not as good there for some reason.

One thing I am not sure is as I tell other people, how do I get "intro bonus"?  I told one who switched over from Virgin but I've never got the intro bonus.  

SD08

Thanks @srlawren.  Robot Happy

srlawren

@RichardKCLing glad @Simon_O got you up and running!  And @SD08, great support along the way!!  One last note, Richard:  the support model here does take a little getting used to but issues are relatively rare.  I hope you enjoy the savings and the excellent network service as much as the rest of us do.  Oh, and don't panic about the wait times from last fall. Those were definitely "extraordinary" circumstances.  It was a perfect storm of an immensely popular promotional plan that brought in far more customers than I think was anticipated, which multiplied a mixture of human error (incorrect information entered on the porting request form is a very common issue like this) along with some nasty system errors, the majority of which have been addressed and shouldn't cause trouble in the future.  More recently, things have returned much more to normal around here.

SD08

@RichardKCLing  No problem.  Welcome to Public Mobile and to the PM community.  Glad to have you aboard.  Smiley Happy

RichardKCLing

Thank you for your continued support.

Simon_o completed the port.

I like to thank you personally for your continuous care.  It's scary not having instantaneous voice acknowledgment I'm used to with Bell.  Your presence and voice of reason help me lots. Thank you.

I intuit PM business model is very progressive before I jumped in.  It's proven so. Thanks again.

SD08

The Oracles are also PM customers, just like you and I, but they have been actively contributing in this community for a long time, and have been recognized for their contributions with the highest level of community rewards.  
More about community rewards here: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Community-Reward/td-p/415

With the sole exception of Oracle, the various titles (e.g. citizen, mayor, town hero, neighbour, etc.) are mostly decorative and don't affect your community rewards.  Rewards are based on various participation stats, and only PM knows the how they are evaluated.

As for your help request to the moderators...have you checked your community message inbox?  The moderators prefer to communicate by private message.  I recommend you turn on e-mail notifications for receipt of private messages in your community account.  To do this, go to Settings -> Preferences -> Private Messenger.  Tick the checkbox for "Receive email notifications for new private messages" and click save after making the change.

RichardKCLing

That said, it's been 3 hours since they opened at 9 a.m.

Perhaps they arr short staff due to the long weekend.

RichardKCLing

I guess the volume has subsided somewhat since the launch.

I like the PM business model.  That's the secondary reason why I switched.

RichardKCLing

Thank you Deputy Mayor.  I am still trying to get the hang of it.

What are Oracles?  Wise community members?

Are you are a caring denizen?

SD08

@RichardKCLing

The moderators are PM employees.  Only employees will have access to your account.  The normal response time is usually within hours, if not less.

RichardKCLing

I've been reading the Community posts and it seems mods were swamp last November and took a week or more to respond.  Kinda scary.  I just called Bell, they told me that regardless of porting online there is still human intervention to properly port over.  PM has not requested the porting of the number.  Bell still owns it.  I've put the SIM back to my other phone and called myself.  It rang.  Guess I'll have to carry two phones around until PM ports over.  Bummer.

RichardKCLing

Hello all.  What is usually the turn around time for mods to respond?  I read they can access my account.  Are they PM employees?  Thank you.

RichardKCLing

I mentioned this thread but not sure how to reference it.  Would she be able to see by searching my name?

RichardKCLing

Thank you very much.  I just did.

Hopefully it will work soon.  Very frustrated. 😞

mimmo

Hi, It is time to get a mod involved.  send a private message with the fillowing:

your old number

your old account name exatly as on bill

your sim number

your pm email address

@Shazia_K  click this mods name then select private message.

in addition i woudl reference this thread in your message and also post private message sent in this thread

RichardKCLing

Do I have to notify Bell?  I wonder.

RichardKCLing

Hello. Thank you.  I have just done that.  And put it back in my old phone (S7 - I now have a S8).  It still doesn't work.  I think I am still receiving texts to my old SIM.

RichardKCLing

Thank you.  It still doesn't work. 😞  It's been overnight now.

@RichardKCLing If you have already tried removing the SIM card , putting it back in and power cycling the phone and if it still doesn't work, then please send a private message to a mod in the morning using the method list in @SD08 post. 

RichardKCLing

Typo.  I mean ported.

SD08

Porting a number can take up to a couple of hours to complete. If you still can't receive calls after that, then you should send a private message to a moderator for help with this. How to contact moderators:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Reboot your phone before you check to see if it's working.

Need Help? Let's chat.