cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am unable to change my credit card to a new one as the old one has expired.

cathianp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am new to PM and want to update to a new credit card. I keep getting the message that my card carrier wont allow. I have talked with them at lentgh and they say it is not a problem with them?

I use all the same information that is on PM file and carrier file so that matches.

Any solution please.

7 REPLIES 7

eatnb1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I tried to just change the expiry date to the new expiry date and there was no option for that. I had to remove the card and reenter all the same information all over again, including my name, address, etc.  This was irritating and time consuming.  Why don't they have an option to just change the expiry date as that is what they asked me to do in a text advising my card date had expired.

@cathianp wrote:

As you suggested to keep trying i did just that and hey presto it worked.

Thanks.

Dont really know what the badges and bravos are all about yet, guess i will need to have a read when i get time.

I will click on it for you in hopes that it gives you some sort of points

thanks.

The credit card bug is a weird beast.  It's not 100% repeatable and so multiple tries does work.  The try and try again idiom works for this problem.  

The bravo system is for recognizing the help from members.  There's a nominal reward, but it's more about helping each other to make the Public Mobile business model work to our mutual benefit.

cathianp

As you suggested to keep trying i did just that and hey presto it worked.

Thanks.

Dont really know what the badges and bravos are all about yet, guess i will need to have a read when i get time.

I will click on it for you in hopes that it gives you some sort of points

thanks.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I did not remove the card because I didn't want to jeopardize my auto pay credits.  As long as the card swap is completed before a payment is due, there's no worries.  

The problem I had was super weird.  I could not use a credit card on one of my accounts that was successfully previously on several other accounts.  My card company said that the authentication data sent to them didn't match what they had on record.  I kept at it, trying a couple of times every few days.  It took a lot of tries but it did work eventually.  After that I tried doing card swaps.  I swapped my two credit cards over and over with no problem.  

That's the nature of the beast with software bugs.  They may not be repeatable.  I have informed the moderators.  Let's hope it's on the bug list for future investigation.

cathianp

do you have to remove the old card information first

cathianp

Thanks

thats Crazy.

Getting the revenue in should be a priority for a business.

Hope this gets fixed.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

There's a glitch in the system with credit card changes.  I know it's brute force, but try again a few days later. I had the same problem and it took me over a week before it finally worked.  

Need Help? Let's chat.