cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is PM reception/service in North Markahm and Aurora area?

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Hi,

I am wondering if people can share their experience with PM reception/service in Markahm and aurora area?

I know some of you would recommend looking at the tower map but I just want to know from peoples' real life experience. 

The reason that I am asking is, I am trying to recommend the service to someone but they are hesitant since they had issues with koodo in the same areas. 

Your input is much appreciated. 

Thank you. 

9 REPLIES 9

toa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my signal consistently fluctuates between 2 to 5 bars, sometimes even no bar

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Ok... BurOak is very long road. Is it east end, past 9th line, or more in the middle towards highway 48 (Markham rd) ?

As for factory area of Aurora, not sure where that is. Please send me private message with links to google maps. Or post here for benefit of others to also check.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Yes, that is what I am afraid of that if they had issues with koodo then they may have issues with PM as well. 

They are closed to buroak area in Markahm and the factory area in aurora. 

Thank you everyone.  

Garry

If they had issues with Koodo, theyll have the same issues with Public. Simple as that.

paulie
@Mana was there a specific area that reception was an issue ? I dont mind taking a drive or diverting my daily commute to check it out. My real world experience has been flawless in those areas, but maybe there is a dead zone I haven't come across. As mentioned above the towers are the same for Telus/Koodo/PublicMobile. There would be no change in that regard.

If you have problems with cell reception on Koodo, you're going to have the same problems using Public.  It's the same network/same towers.

paulie
It's worked well for me. Markham, Stouffville, Richmond Hill, Aurora, etc. And places in between. Maybe my phone has good antenna ?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I can speak for the Markham area.  Reception is good, everytime I go to use the phone it works.  The only place that I actually lost reception at the dollar store in the basement of the New Century Plaza. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Hopefully, someone in the area will respond. In the meantime, I can tell you I live in a weak signal area for Telus and it is the same on Public Mobile. So, assume it will be the same for Koodo. Unfortunately, in weak areas even 100' can make a significant difference.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.