cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAY 14 and STILL no replies from MODs. About to demand for my $120 back.

cp1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Mods,

If you are reading this...this isDAY 14 that I have been waiting for my plan to be changed to the $120/12gb/90 days plan or in other words the $40/4gb/month. I still haven't port my number to Public Mobile from TELUS because of the long wait and the trust I am starting to lose for this company. If this is not resolved by this week, I would really like my $120 credited back to my VISA or I will call my bank to get this investigated and have my money back...I will be out of the country soon for a vacation and I have no time to wait and deal with this...I have prepaid $120 and I still havent use your services because the plan haven't been changed. I totally understand of the backlog situation but this is unacceptable to have your customer wait this long and have them prepaid for a plan. Please reply to my PM ASAP. 

@Shazia_K @Mary_M @Jeremy_M

32 REPLIES 32

bwasyliuk

Hooray!!

Many thanks.

B

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@rkreddyb4u

Hey! no, it's both for plan update but @bwasyliuk had no service at all. 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

rkreddyb4u
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is this a porting Issue got resolved now ?

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @cakwan, @bwasyliuk

Can you both please reboot your phones? everything should be all good to go. 

Thank you for your patience.

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

bwasyliuk

I tried the actions on this thread (after waiting 14 days for the port from Virgin):

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/HERE-IS-THE-FIX-EVERYONE-IS-WAITING-FOR/m-...

But when I log into my account, it is not setup right. The data booster doesnt show under my add ons, and while the plan is correct under "my plan", the sim does not allow calls/texts/data. On my nexus 5 it says "sign in to public mobile" and it actually takes me to a web page where it says my plan is expired or has zero minutes.

Hoping to get fixed up soon, I am sure this is a 2 minute fix for a mod. @Shazia_K

cakwan
Hi @Shazia_K,
I sent you a pm about the start date of my plan.

cakwan
Hey @Shazia_K, everything on my phone works now, thank you for all your help 🙂

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @cakwan

Yes, please put that new SIM card number under change SIM card. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Shazia

cakwan
Hi @Shazia_K, I sent you a pm about getting my new card. Do I need to activate it as well or can I put that new SIM card number under change SIM card?

amills

@rsbaher not exactly same, since Virgin had massive overage charges and Public had floating data

cp1

Hey Shazia,

I have replied to your response and I have provided you all the information needed to port my number from TELUS to PM. Please let me know if there are any other information needed and once the plan have been changed. Thanks.

@Shazia_K

rsbaher
I gave up on Public Mobile and switched to Virgin who has the EXACT same plane for the same price, plus they respond and fix your problems immediately. The only problem is you may not get ur money back. They told me i will get a refund but it have been over 7 business days and i havent received anything, not even the amount i over paid. This is a disgusting company, leave if you can.

cakwan
Hi @Shazia_K, I sent you a pm about my SIM card being defective, can you please help me as soon as you get a chance. It has been almost 3 weeks weeks now with no phone service 😞

fiveplustwo77

Hello @Shazia_K,

Can you help me like you did with others on this post? Thank you.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @cp1

Sure! I understand now. 

I will reply to your private message. 

Thanks,

Shazia

cp1

Hey Shazia.

Thanks for the reply. No I haven't send a port in request yet because I am still waiting for my plan to be changed as I don't wan't to fully commit, if this is not done. My plan is to get the plan changed to the $120/12gb/90 days first then I will send my port request. Any possibility that you can get this done for me today please? Once this is done, I will start to send the port in request. If you can do this, can you also change the starting date because I haven't use my PM service yet. Thanks.

@Shazia_K

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @cp1

I'm sorry for the long wait, 

If I understand correctly, did you already place a port in a request online? 

Thanks,

Shazia

cp1

@Shazia_K @Brooke_C @Jeremy_M @Saray_O @Cat_L 

Hello,

Can any of you mods that are online take a look at my issue please? I have been waiting for this $120/12gb/90days plan change for 15 days now and I still haven't port out my number... @Shazia_K

WilsonThai

@magical Your posts and frustations are too funny. Smiley LOL

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@stonechucker wrote:

You are also in a great position to port, as you activated the temporary number.  Less issues occur when porting from temp number, as opposed to on activation.  You should still review the forums for tips on how to successfully port, they are detailed, and work well.

Except many people followed the steps precisely and had their ports get stuck, through no fault of their own.  If one can wait, I would advise waiting till the current backlog of support requests is all caught up.  You don't want to be in a position where you need help and have to wait for the backlog first.

@cp1, if you have an active temporary number, use the service until your issue is dealt with, you're many steps ahead of others.  When or service is made right, you will have the remaining difference between the 4GB and 12 GB.  You're not going to be without.

You are also in a great position to port, as you activated the temporary number.  Less issues occur when porting from temp number, as opposed to on activation.  You should still review the forums for tips on how to successfully port, they are detailed, and work well.

@UDP7 wrote:

@upset I don't think Public Mobile will refund you, but you can try contacting your credit card company to get a chargeback.

@UDP7 not legally but it seems some insist on going that route

@cp1 don't worry about bill date because once proper plan is on your bill date is reset. You have not actually been charged yet, your transaction is pending

In your situation it is better at least Telus phone still works so can wait to have issue corrected, some people had port get stuck in between which is no service on either phone

In your situation it really is better because if you leave on vacation, then your 90 days starts when you return. Since you already had a working Telus phone no outtage

Where it does suck is the frustration at what should be a simple thing not working the way it was supposed to

magical
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

YOU WILL BE WAITING TILL XMAS FOR ANYTHING NOW! 

DON'T EXPECT SERVICE OUT OF A NON-SERVICE COMPANY.  THE ONLY THING GOOD ABOUT PUBLIC MOBILE IS THEIR ABILITY TO TAKE YOUR MONEY.

GOOD LUCK.

PUBLICNOSERVICEMOBILE

cp1

@kav2001c That's not the point here...I haven't use my Public Mobile service yet because the plan haven't been changed... I have activated a new number on the $120/4gb/90 days like 2 weeks ago and still haven't port out my number from TELUS because I am now skeptical about this company. As a result, I am paying for 2 services. As more days goes by and until I leave for my vacation, that's more days that I am not using my Public Mobile service when I have already prepaid $120 to use the service for 90 days on a 12gb plan and not a 6gb plan. If I didn't have to prepay, I wouldn't care if I waited a month to have it changed.

UDP7

@upset I don't think Public Mobile will refund you, but you can try contacting your credit card company to get a chargeback.

upset

i am in the same boat. I activated since Nov19. emilaed twice, yweeted dtwice, sent message to moderator twice.

I five up

Tell me how to get my three months money back  pleasee !

UDP7

What I've noticed is Shazia fixes problems from people's posts weekdays around 10-2 PM-ish. I suggest creating a post around that time.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@cp1 wrote:

I will be out of the country soon for a vacation and I have no time to wait and deal with this

@cp1 if out of the country wouldn't that be the ideal time to wait? Just relax and when return your service would have been restored

Public phones do not work outside Canada (except for US roaming)

Need Help? Let's chat.