cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which U.S. area codes are not supported in the U.S. Talk packages?

Val_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

As of December 8th, 2016, calls made to the following six digit combinations will no longer be supported on any Talk plans and add-ons that include U.S. calling to:

State

Excluded areas after December 8th, 2016

Area codes

California

Reedley

559-726-XXXX

Iowa

Carroll

712-775-XXXX

Lake Park

712-432-XXXX

Charles City

641-552-XXXX

South Dakota

Redfield

605-475-XXXX

Pine Ridge

605-562-XXXX

Fort Thompsons

605-477-XXXX

It's really important that we offer our products and services to our customers at fair rates. Unfortunately, our agreement with our partners in the U.S. makes it extremely expensive to support calls made to these regions. In order to keep our Talk prices as they are, we had to make a difficult decision to exclude these numbers from our Talk packages.

We realize that this might be an inconvenience to some of you so we are exploring options that would bridge this gap.

Thank you,

Your Public Mobile Community team

38 REPLIES 38

curious if these same changes are taking place with Telus?  I would highly doubt it.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
It's all very strange to me

imcphers
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The PM contract with this vendor must be billing out a more than 0.04 per minute - couldn't PM just charge folks that need to call to these locations double minutes vs blocking them all together - blocking the call altogether seems like a strange way to solve the problem - too many exceptions on where you can call and can not.  I guess folks will need to use fongo or google talk.

Rockdaddy22
Who knows where's next

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

Not seeing this as the biggest deal, lets face it, Iowa and South Dakota?  Maybe if it was New York or something, but i can deal without all the corn from Iowa.

Rockdaddy22
I assume the fine print allows you guys to do this? Do any other carriers have these problems? If not, I'm kinda disappointed in PM 😞

Rockdaddy22
Wow this is insane, is this just a PM thing?

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

Boycott visiting these areas! j/k  Good to know, and also this must mean U.S. roaming will be here soon. The anticipation!

Need Help? Let's chat.