Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on support

Dave_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello Community,

I want to give you an update on where we are at right now, since the last time I did so was last week. 

First, I want to start off by thanking you all for the continued patience and support you have demonstrated over the last two weeks. We realize many of you have had no service or incomplete service for days now and I apologize for this. I can assure you that our entire team is working tirelessly to get through the backlog as fast as possible and as effectively as possible.

To manage your expectations, you should know that our current average time to first response is 12 days. That means that as I write this, we are answering customer messages that were submitted on Friday, Nov 19th, 2016.

Our system pools all Community posts, private messages to the MODS, and social media messages into one feed, and we are working through each of these in chronological order – first in, first out. This way we address the issues that have been going on the longest. Again, we appreciate your patience.

The high level of interest in our promotional plan also brought to light some fractures in our systems and opportunities to improve our support. We will be doing an in-depth review of lessons learned once we’re done going through customer support requests, but in the meantime, I wanted to share some of the most obvious opportunities we have identified:

• A ticketing system for customer support inquiries that acknowledges receipt of your issue, provides a ticket number upon receipt, lets you know where you are in queue and when you can expect to hear back from a moderator
  • A cleaner way to organize tickets by type of issue so we can better prioritize
  • Activating and porting simultaneously failed for a greater percentage of customers than we had seen before so a group of colleagues from our technology team are investigating quick fixes for these

Unfortunately, these lessons learned won’t be fixed overnight and won’t be implemented quick enough to improve support for those in the queue right now. But, you do have our commitment that we will focus on improving this process.

Finally, to help us manage our volume of requests, we have a couple of asks for our customers who were with us before the Fall promotion:

• If you future dated your plan to change to the Fall promotion and you see in Self Serve that the plan change failed, please give us 72 hours from your plan renewal date before you contact us. We’ve identified an issue that is delaying this change, but the change will happen.
  • If there is an inaccuracy in your rewards, we would ask you to please message us after December 5th to get those fixed. We will make sure you get all the rewards you are entitled to, but we want to make sure we are prioritizing customers with no service in the short term.

Once again, I want to thank you for your patience and for sticking with us through what has been a busy and challenging time. We are grateful to have you all in our Community and look forward to building a bright future together.

Sincerely,

Dave

305 REPLIES 305

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Now your calling me a liar lol Beleive me or not, mods were solving problems today. Self righteous because I try and correct your nonsense.

I've been with PM for over a year, so yeah I beat the rush lol That's how I know customer service was amazing around here before this stupid promo.

I've never once said that PM didn't screw up in a major way, it's pretty obvious I think. Let's just keep to the facts. Why try and make them look worse with lies? Don't they look bad enough with the truth?

2004-5ram1951
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

And because I stated koodo without the pre=paid aspect t made my info false. Not very bright are you. All I said is it would not port my Koodo # in self serve and if it does so for anyone else I am glad for them...great, fantastic....you make assumptions based on a simple statement that said I could not port my Koodo number...did not say it would not for everyone...I just want my problem with it fixed and everyone can worry about themselves...Goodnight!!

Rockdaddy22

2004-5ram1951

Laugh all you want....many people posted here that they were offline after a certain time and are we not to take wat we read here verbatim?? Some are now saying they work weekends...does that make you wrong or right?? Or just a self-righteous azz hat?? I think their service should have been ramped up is they were to start a service such as this. The number of unsatisfied people posting speaks volumes. Just because you got in a before the rush?? Well la did da...I applaud you...not really!!

KK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@Mixam, I do not have your answer but that would be a great fixture - like in Facebook how you can choose to stop receiving notifications for a specific post. If no answer shows up you should recommended it in the lab.

2004-5ram1951

I started to do that already but certain people started to pipe up in a condescending way ad feel safe to do so when anonymous. I do not take that in any form whatsoever. They can keep their self-righteous postings to them selves. I only posted to aswer them.

Rockdaddy22
Doesn't make wrong. What does make you wrong is all false info you throw around. The way you state it, is nobody can port from Koodo lol

Like I said, rant away. Just get your facts straight.

2004-5ram1951

Again, I am glad it worked for you. I was pre-paid so I could have mobility to travel and not have to pay for cell service I was not around to use. I will say for all to see now...Pre-paid koodo does not work in self serve for porting!!

2004-5ram1951

And I am saying it does not because it did not do so when I input my cell # from Koodo. And because it worked for you it makes me wrong??

2004-5ram1951

Never uttered one threat...act like a child caught on your own bluster. Yes I speak my mind and will say what I want to...including the poor customer support I and others have been subjected to. I don't give a rat's azz if you or anyone here does not like it. Go and spout self righteous anger elsewhere.

Mixam
Anyone know how to unsubscribe from a single thread? Usually they just die off before they start to get really annoying. I'd like to stop getting emails about this thread. But I'm worried if I hit unsubscribe in the email I'll not get any PM emails about threads. Thanks in advance

Rockdaddy22
And they work 9 to 9 on weekdays, knowing is half the battle.

That's what I hate about these rants. At least get your info right before ranting. I can appreciate a good rant, but when it's riddled with false info, I just laugh lol

Rockdaddy22
One more thing. If you don't want to hear from us, why do you post in a public forum? Why not keep it private with the mods?

Rockdaddy22
@2004-5ram1951 at least have your facts straight before ranting. First of all, they do work 7 days. Saray was here today responding to old threads trying to solve problems. Secondly I and many people here have ported Koodo numbers ourselves, I'm sorry you need help with yours.

Tomorrow's a new week, let's hope they solve a lot of cases this week. You might be next 🙂

KK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@2004-5ram1951

My understanding is that self-porting does not work for Koodo pre-paid. I can tell you from my personal experience that I ported my koodo post-paid service through self serve without any trouble. That is why people are saying you can port from Koodo.

imm1304

@2004-5ram1951 wrote:

No...I should have made it VERY simple for certain people. The "WEBSITE SELF-SERVE" does not support porting from my carrier. Now run along please....go play in the sandbox. Your comments are not helping me with my issues which have been explained to the MODS...of which you are NOT one!!!!

I should thank you for being polite then ...  

Demand customer service all you want, thats your right and no one will criticize you for it.  However, make sure you clearly understand that I owe you nothing and the community members here owe you nothing.  Your sense of entitlement is grossly misplaced if you think you can throw tantrums and bully your way through this forum.  

Please refrain from uttering nonsensical/childish threats directed towards me.  You will never ever be able to say anything rude or gross that I haven't already seen/heard/read and dealt with before.  I can, however, assure you that this sort of attitude will cost you dearly in your life (if it isn't already) and you will never impress anyone with your tantrums.  So goodluck to you.. because you're really gonna need it.

This concludes our conversation and I will no longer respond to you.  

2004-5ram1951

My tone was respectful....respectful even besides the fact that he was a bit condescending. Everyone here is saying they are trying to help but I must, however, point out that unlike some people who sit anxiously by looking for these posts so they can given encouragement, when sometimes their opinion does not mean squat or even help, is not my idea of how to pass time. I actually have a life that I wish to enjoy post retirement and the fact is and will remain so for the near future...PM is not in fact FIFO, is not prepared for what they should have anticipated and are not doing whatever they can. If they were they would not be working 9-5, 5 days a week. A proactive approach would be round the clock, 7 days a week. If you take someone's money then you owe them a level of care that easily surpases what PM and Telus as the parent company have provided!!

If you wish to see what dis-respectful language is then ask for my e-mail addy or better yet my Ph# in a private message and I will show you!!!!!

I have a right to confront his self righteous answer and do so in a manner befitting the situation. Too bad if you or ANYONE else has a problem with that!!!! I am pissed and I will not go quietly into obscurity like so many of the sheeple here!!!

imm1304

@2004-5ram1951, I understand that you are frustrated due to the long delay in getting help from the mods.

However, I encourage you to keep the tone respectful around here.  The forum is setup in a way that encourages its members/customers to chime in with helpful suggestions.  Its best to talk to the mods via private messages if you are so sensitive to comments from others.  

@2004-5ram1951 wrote:

AND...I have tried about 20-30 times in self-serve since I joined...JUST in case the issue was resolved. Good intentions on your part maybe but I am not one to sit idly by and wait for others to do my bidding!

@2004-5ram1951 actually multiple tries is usually pointless. If broken it will remain broken.

2004-5ram1951

AND...I have tried about 20-30 times in self-serve since I joined...JUST in case the issue was resolved. Good intentions on your part maybe but I am not one to sit idly by and wait for others to do my bidding!

2004-5ram1951

No...I should have made it VERY simple for certain people. The "WEBSITE SELF-SERVE" does not support porting from my carrier. Now run along please....go play in the sandbox. Your comments are not helping me with my issues which have been explained to the MODS...of which you are NOT one!!!!

@2004-5ram1951 oh Koodo ports. Well some people have successfully self ported (have you tried?) otherwise if error then yes needing to wait.

Hey I didn't put words in your mouth, I quoted what you wrote Cat LOL

2004-5ram1951

We cannot personally port from Koodo. PM support has to do this for us!!! You are reading something in my post that was not there!

@2004-5ram1951 wrote:

I cannot port due to my carrier not being supported and I carry two phones now and have messaged at least 4 Mods about this!

@2004-5ram1951 Carrier not being supported? The CNAC is rolled out nationally by regions. Which carrier is not supporting WNP?

The only time I ever saw this is on corp accounts (because essentially the user does not own the number, it is company property)

2004-5ram1951

Unfortunately Dave came on and said it was FIFO which is just not true. Sorry to hear of your problem as it is very inconvenient for you. But Dave came here and posted information that as posts like yours just is not true. There are those that are favored. I will give up my position to help yours as it is more urgent (I cannot port due to my carrier not being supported and I carry two phones now and have messaged at least 4 Mods about this!).

Hopefully the talking heads get to yours soon as it would seem to be a priority and FIFO just does not seem to be the order of the day.

Maybe it is because we are Canadians that we act like Sheep and actually thank someone when we have an unresolved problem. I can understand being polite but at the end of the day the squeaky wheel gets the grease!!!! For my problem causing me to carry and pay for TWO services is NOT a reason to thank someone....can be polite in asking but I will not after 4 seperate MODS thank them for their NON-SUPPORT!!

dlshebib
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Dave,

I tried to email a Contact Us form, but it keeps rejecting it as it thinks my email is incorrect, which it isn't.  Anyway, the main question is:

I paid for my account Nov.15, however, now the system says my account is suspended, that I need to pay. Although, even in my payment history it shows I've paid. I did just have a US roaming addon that expired.
Thanks for helping,
Donna

Crowd

Thanks Dave. I got my issue fixed a couple days ago, first request was put in Nov 19th as you stated. 

But as some others have mentioned, the first-in first-out method doesn't seem to be the process I am observing. Some posts in the community get their issue resolved before others.

I guess this FIFO approach is sound in theory, however there is also the fact that some people have issues that are higher priorities than others (their phone service not working after a port, for example).

Something to consider for your new ticketing system.

Thanks to you and everyone at PM for all your hard work. 

Mana
Mayor / Maire
I think it's not the mods or the employees fault that there's are so many issues that created a backlog and a long delay.

I believe that the mods are doing their job as they only work 8 hours a day and there are so many issues that they can resolve in that 8 hours.

I think the way Public Mobile operates everything online is probably a shock to new customers who are coming from other carriers where they are used to having telephone and in-store on the spot support and quick resolution and now that they have to wait due to the baxklog, it must be very frustrating for them.

On the other hand, perhaps Telus as a parent company should've anticipated this and planned this accordingly.

2004-5ram1951

Once more and more people complain and realize that Telus is the company behind PM they will not wish to have much to do with the parent company or it's future initiatives. This will be especially true if the papers/media gets ahold of the story and the multitude of issues surrounding their lack of issue resolutions.

Never doubt the power people have to elicit change and the way people will associate the failings of PM as they relate to Telus. If you ask many people they might have heard of Public Mobile but not many realize at first that Telus is the parent company>

2004-5ram1951

I really think that the CCTS needs to step in here and MAKE the parent comany Telus fix the many problems and/or refund people their $$$$ back!!!! Call then for a solution to your refund and withdrawl issues.....mods/pm will not seem to take responsibility.

Need Help? Let's chat.