Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on support

Dave_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello Community,

I want to give you an update on where we are at right now, since the last time I did so was last week. 

First, I want to start off by thanking you all for the continued patience and support you have demonstrated over the last two weeks. We realize many of you have had no service or incomplete service for days now and I apologize for this. I can assure you that our entire team is working tirelessly to get through the backlog as fast as possible and as effectively as possible.

To manage your expectations, you should know that our current average time to first response is 12 days. That means that as I write this, we are answering customer messages that were submitted on Friday, Nov 19th, 2016.

Our system pools all Community posts, private messages to the MODS, and social media messages into one feed, and we are working through each of these in chronological order – first in, first out. This way we address the issues that have been going on the longest. Again, we appreciate your patience.

The high level of interest in our promotional plan also brought to light some fractures in our systems and opportunities to improve our support. We will be doing an in-depth review of lessons learned once we’re done going through customer support requests, but in the meantime, I wanted to share some of the most obvious opportunities we have identified:

• A ticketing system for customer support inquiries that acknowledges receipt of your issue, provides a ticket number upon receipt, lets you know where you are in queue and when you can expect to hear back from a moderator
  • A cleaner way to organize tickets by type of issue so we can better prioritize
  • Activating and porting simultaneously failed for a greater percentage of customers than we had seen before so a group of colleagues from our technology team are investigating quick fixes for these

Unfortunately, these lessons learned won’t be fixed overnight and won’t be implemented quick enough to improve support for those in the queue right now. But, you do have our commitment that we will focus on improving this process.

Finally, to help us manage our volume of requests, we have a couple of asks for our customers who were with us before the Fall promotion:

• If you future dated your plan to change to the Fall promotion and you see in Self Serve that the plan change failed, please give us 72 hours from your plan renewal date before you contact us. We’ve identified an issue that is delaying this change, but the change will happen.
  • If there is an inaccuracy in your rewards, we would ask you to please message us after December 5th to get those fixed. We will make sure you get all the rewards you are entitled to, but we want to make sure we are prioritizing customers with no service in the short term.

Once again, I want to thank you for your patience and for sticking with us through what has been a busy and challenging time. We are grateful to have you all in our Community and look forward to building a bright future together.

Sincerely,

Dave

305 REPLIES 305

Mana
Mayor / Maire
Are they really adding more mods?
I really hope that this is not here to stay and that all issues are resolved and respose time get back to 24 to 48 hours.

I suspect they are not able to since the issues are being ranked

(eg might be up to port issues from Nov 22, activation issues from Nov 24, no service issues from Nov 29, and bill issues from etc)

You get the point

It would be messy (esp since some are problems in more than 1 category)

Also having too many chefs in the kitchen will just cause issues (as I saw tonight)

Since they working quick they don't have proper time to review all notes and see exactly what is happening

@JMCD wrote:

Any chance the mods could update the date daily on this thread to see where we're at? Thanks

Its hard to tell. But they are adding some more mods to help out and looks to be little better. 

JMCD
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Any chance the mods could update the date daily on this thread to see where we're at? Thanks

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I'd start my own thread detailing your issue in detail.

lilianchan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Anyone can tell me what else I can do? Got stuck from 20th Nov, no incoming call, no incoming text.  I had private message to couples of mods and message still shown not yet read.  I have to call my parents everyday to make sure they are OK as I cannot RECEIVE CALL!!!!!!! 

Rockdaddy22
I'm honestly just trying to help. I want everyone to love PM as much as I do, it's tough going at the moment.

2004-5ram1951
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good idea...hopefully she can get a resolution. I just use two cells and pay for them both....but the good thing for me is I have cell service still on old carrier by paying to keep it active.

Maybe you are doing the right thing rockdaddy2 lol....kudos for being actively involved. Just wish I could get back to one cell and billing just to PM.

Rockdaddy22
@danygrl17 start your own thread detailing your issue. Maybe we could get it solved today.

danygrl17
@Dave_M. It's day 15 and I still have no service. Signed up November 20th. No responses to any private messages to mods. Last Thursday you said you were working on requests from the 19th. 5 days later and still no response from my first request on the 20th. A little help would be much appreciated. No cell or data service. Tried porting my active Telus number, now it's deactivated. Can't even use it in the mean time which means I have been without cell service for over two weeks. I provided all pertinent info to the mods and no replies. Please help.

exsoldier84

Thanks Dave!  keep doing what you're doing.  we hear a lot of the issues, complaints and problems people are having on these forums and it could be disheartening and discouraging to PM staff and new customers like me.  Since I don't see many positive feedback posts, I'll just tell you that the service I received from PM has been excellent so far.  No complaints from me, or any of the 6 friends that I've referred. 

Good luck with clearing that back log!

@2004-5ram1951 wrote:

Public defender?? Or a PM defender? I told him to send me a personal message here if he had the moxy....never asked for his e-mail. And how many cases have you lost because you can't read or think for yourself?? And nobody asked YOU for your unneeded or unwanted opinion....another one who has had service unabated with PM offering advice. So what if you had no service for a WHOLE 5 days with Bell. That was YOUR problem and this is ours so keep your unsolicited and unwanted opines to yourself!!!

@2004-5ram1951 huh? Did you actually read what was posted or is rage clouding your vision?

By that logic why is it a big deal you had no service for a whole 14 days?

Mixam

@KK

I just figured it out. It doesn't seem to work on mobile, but on a computer you can click on topic options, then select unsubscribe. As I'm just about to do 😉

Rockdaddy22
I know all about it 🤑

2004-5ram1951

Catchy! And the Bacon boys are not faring too well now....the two that are left alive that is.

Rockdaddy22
I have a thing for geology 😉

Rockdaddy22
It's funny, I used to play baseball with one of those guys when I was a kid. 🙂

2004-5ram1951

Abbottsford...the drug capital of BC pretty much...Bacon brothers....so yeah...Rockdaddy22...something to say there...lol Figure it out!!! rich...lmao Good one!!

Rockdaddy22
Well I am originally from the lower mainland so figure it out. Abbotsford BC

2004-5ram1951

Rockdaddy22...ON...I am in BC so you make the trip...now...Rock? Is that as in rock Candy azz or?? Rock Coke?? Enlighten us!! Again you are entering something you should stay out of....Magic ad I can handle Mr. Defender all by our lonesome!! Lol...you really crack me up as in "Rock Coke"....lmao!

Rockdaddy22
He didn't have service for 5 days with PM. I'm working in Tottenham Ontario all night tonight, if you want to come talk, I'll be here. Flex&Gate

Nobody asked you to stop complaining, you should complain as much as you want. I would be complaining too. I was just trying to correct the miss information about the mods.

2004-5ram1951

Public defender?? Or a PM defender? I told him to send me a personal message here if he had the moxy....never asked for his e-mail. And how many cases have you lost because you can't read or think for yourself?? And nobody asked YOU for your unneeded or unwanted opinion....another one who has had service unabated with PM offering advice. So what if you had no service for a WHOLE 5 days with Bell. That was YOUR problem and this is ours so keep your unsolicited and unwanted opines to yourself!!!

@magical wrote:

^^^^^^^ POST ABOVE EXCATLY HOW I FEEL

People defending PM have no issues! 

Got a issue! wait it out! ... it is BS! 

12+ DAY WAIT!? 

NEVER HEARD OF SUCH CRAP.

@magical you must be new to the world of cell phones

I am a Public defender and I had no service for 5 days

Last year both Rogers and Wind had major outtages

Prior to that Bell had the biggest outtage in history

This year Telus (Public) is having problems yes, but not even a fraction what the other 2 had

We don't even have a million subscribers

This is a drop in the proverbial bucket

@2004-5ram1951 wrote:

I started to do that already but certain people started to pipe up in a condescending way ad feel safe to do so when anonymous. I do not take that in any form whatsoever. They can keep their self-righteous postings to them selves. I only posted to aswer them.

@2004-5ram1951 by asking for IMM's personal email so you could unload a barrage of insults at him when all he did was try to help?

2004-5ram1951

Yes there are too many people here with no issues defending PM and making comments about our "Rants?". I am now getting a kick out of riling them up now so they know how we feel when they post their condescending remarks. All one has to do is read posts to see exactly how big the problem truly is and how badly it affects some people.

Easy for people like this rockdaddy person to chime in with his two cents but his service is working well and that is not the case with many. Yes I repeated what many have said that the MODS are not working at certain times of the day/week and that is the impression I was given...if wrong I stand corrected...but I do not apologize for being extremely critical of the poor overall performance and management of PM to date for those of us with issues.

I hope you gets your issues dealt with soon. I am past Dave's magical 12 days, never did hear back from "Daniel" and do not hold out hope that I will get it fixed even after 20-30 days. FIFO is not the order of the day judging by some posts unfortunately!!

KK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@Rockdaddy22
WHAT! The promo is not stupid. 😜 LOL. Finally, a reasonably priced plan.....it was the implementation that was ridiculous!

PS 1 (This package shouldn't even be a promo price, it should be an everyday price because it is about time.)

PS 2. (But no more promos until they learn from and address all the issues from this promo.!!! )

Rockdaddy22
Did I mention what you sent, trust me, I believe you've sent many messages and haven't received replies.

The miss information is about the mods, they do work weekends and work 9to9 5 days a week. Just trying to correct the record incase anyone reads your post and believes it.

Just to be clear, not arguing about the terrible customer service lately. Just please believe me that, the mods are doing their best, in a terrible situation. It's not their fault that the higher ups screwed up.

magical
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

^^^^^^^ POST ABOVE EXCATLY HOW I FEEL

People defending PM have no issues! 

Got a issue! wait it out! ... it is BS! 

12+ DAY WAIT!? 

NEVER HEARD OF SUCH CRAP.

NOSERVICEPUBLICMOBILE

2004-5ram1951

Not lies...How do you or anyone here know what I have sent and receieved?? I have sent private messages to the Mods and received an e-mail 0ver a week agao saying "Sorry for your problems. Can I have your info again please??" I sent them the info they requested and never heard anything back agaim. That e-mail was to my private e-mail address and I sent it right back immediately to: Daniel

I take it he is a MOD. So I send it again to him. No answer. Then I send 4 or more private messages to the MODS explaining this. If they answer as Dave said in 12 days then they are past that with mine....and to get a private e-mail asking for info again and then hear nothing....there is frustrating and then there is FRUSTRATED. And besides I am now enjoying stirring up all your self righteous armchair warriors who have had service for a while and don't mind butt kissing PM!!

Rockdaddy22
It's not the Koodo thing lol It's the miss information your spreading about the mods. When I know for a fact your wrong. I just want everyone to have service, and enjoy PM as much as me. Let's hope this week is a good week.
Need Help? Let's chat.