cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE] Last day to get our limited time 4GB / $40 promo plan!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Note: The promo plan has been removed from our website; however is still available in the activation portal and in Self-Serve. 

We will be honouring the promo plan for all customers who ordered their SIM card between October 25th-November 16th, but did not receive it before November 20th.

Why the November 16th cut-off date you might ask? SIM card orders take 1-2 business days to arrive at your home, and Canada Post does not deliver on the weekends. Knowing that there is a lead time for SIM cards to arrive, we have temporarily stopped SIM card ordering until after the promotion is complete. This is because anyone who would have ordered a SIM card after November 16th would not have received their SIM card in enough time to sign up for the promo plan. We didn’t want anyone to get your hopes up and then be disappointed.

If you get a SIM card at one of our pick-up locations this Friday and Saturday, you will need to sign-up for our promo plan on or before November 20th. The promo plan will not be honoured for these customers after November 20th.

Hey Community,

Yes, you read the subject line correctly! From October 25th to November 20th, we will be offering an amazing promotion where you can get 12GB of data, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text on a 90 day plan for only $120. This equates to 4GB each month for the low, low price of $40 every 30 days. If there was ever a time to get friends and family to join Public Mobile, now would be it!

Check out the full details below to see how you and your friends and family can sign up for this awesome plan!

Things you need to know

• This is the only promotional plan during this period. No other plans are affected
  • During the promo period, there will be two plans totaling $120: (1) the 6GB unlimited province-wide talk and global text plan and (2) the promotional plan, which has 12GB of data. Please be sure to choose the plan with twice as much data for the exact same price!
  • If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer and are interested in taking advantage of the promo plan, you have two options:

1. If your plan ends during the promo period: You can sign up for the plan in self-serve, as you normally would to change your plan
  2. If your plan ends after the promo period: You can future date a rate plan change during the promotional period, and have the promo plan take effect after November 20th. For example, if you’re currently on a 90 day plan that ends on November 28th, you will be able to sign into self-serve anytime between October 25th-November 20th and future date the promo plan to take effect upon your existing plan’s completion. Come November 21st, you would no longer be able to future date the promo plan.

This means that everyone has the option to take advantage of this great deal, regardless of when your existing rate plan ends. 

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in having this promo plan, you will need to call into the call centre and upgrade to the Pick & Pay plan. Please note that, once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers: You want to join because the grass is really greener over here

As a new customer, you can add the promo plan when you are prompted in the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first!

-Public Mobile Community team

1,415 REPLIES 1,415

udayr9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the reply selecting the global text option bumped up the price plan to more than 40 dollars, looks like I may have selected the wrong option.

And from your reply I am guessing text is included in the 40$ plan.

Thanks

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@udayr9 wrote:

Hello Community, Does the new 40$ plan not includes texts ? I went into registration and it gave me options to select "global text" OR "no text" ?Can anyone please confirm.

Thanks in advance

"Global text" includes global texts (and in fact, you have to select it to get the $40 promo).  I'm not sure what you're confused about?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@feejai unfortunately, you are going to have to hang tight a bit longer.  The support staff are quite overloaded with requests at the moment, and as you have functional service, yours will likely be deprioritized below people whom have either completely lost service, or have been unable to complete their activations or their ports are hung.  Rest assurred, they can and will correct your plan when they can get to it--they will make it right, you just have to be patient a bit longer.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@udayr9 Global Text is what you want to choose for the promo plan.  Please pick it, along with 90 days, Province-wide talk, and 12GB of data, and you will see the promo price.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@adams21 @WearySky my apologies, I misread @Brooke_C's most recent message.  It sounds like you are fine if you ordered before they cut off the SIM orders.  My apologies for the confusion!!!

imm1304

@udayr9,

On 90-day pass, select provincial calling, global text and 12GB data for the promo plan price of $120/90-days. 

i lost my first SIM in the mail, I had to order a new one. But i contacted them about my first one and they sent me a replacement free of charge through FedEX. Not sure if the second sim I ordered will come through. I ordered it Monday

udayr9

Hello Community, Does the new 40$ plan not includes texts ? I went into registration and it gave me options to select "global text" OR "no text" ?Can anyone please confirm.

Thanks in advance

WearySky

@Brooke_C that's great news!  I assume anybody that ordered a sim before November 16th will just have to contact the mods to get this promo, if their sim arrives after November 20th?  What about the folks whose sims get lost in the mail?  I assume they'll still be able to get a replacement sim sent out and sign up?

feejai
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I hope someone can help me, i've sent in two email request for service and have not had any response whatsoever.  When this promotion first came out, I 'upgraded' my plan from the 6GB service to the 12GB service upon my billing renewal date which was November 15th.  My payment went through, but the data on my plan still only shows the old one with 6GB data.  Please HELP me.

credmau5

Just grabbed the plan for one of my lines, and Fido gave me the $40 match-it plan for my other line. Good job Public/Telus!

adams21

@outtarice I am hoping that is what she meant when she said  "We will be honouring the promo plan for all customers who ordered their SIM card on or before November 16th".

srlawren

@kav2001c yeah I think I mentioned that...you'd go into self-serve and change the SIM card number.  🙂

@outtarice no, you have to have the SIM card (or sim card number) in order to activate your account, and you must have at least attempted to activate the account prior to the end of the promo period (11:50 PM EST Sunday Nov 20th 2016) in order to have the plan honoured.  You will unfortunately miss out if you do not meet these requirements.

EDIT I didn't read @Brooke_C's reply properly....my apologies for the confusion

@srlawren they don't actually need to mail the cards

Easy way is give out SIM number (even from a defective card) activate plan, then Monday place order to Public for replacement SIM

Yes they pay a few days with no service, but simply wait to port number until SIM is in hand

outtarice

@Brooke_C,

What about for people who ordered their sim prior to November 16th, but has not arrived. Will they be honoured if activated after November 20th?

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @adams21,

We will be honouring the promo plan for all customers who ordered their SIM card on or before November 16th.

Why the November 16th cut-off date you might ask? SIM card orders take 1-2 business days to arrive at your home, and Canada Post does not deliver on the weekends. Knowing that there is a lead time for SIM cards to arrive, we have temporarily stopped SIM card ordering until after the promotion is complete. This is because anyone who would have ordered a SIM card after November 16th would not have received their SIM card in enough time to sign up for the promo plan. We didn’t want anyone to get your hopes up and then be disappointed.

If you get a SIM card at one of our pick-up locations this Friday and Saturday, you will need to sign-up for our promo plan on or before November 20th. 

srlawren

@adams21 wrote:

@Brooke_C and for people who ordered SIMS a week ago and still have not got them. What should we do? I have managed through the community to get an awesome person who is willing to send me a SIM. Is there any way you can PM SIM numbers to people who ordered them before the deadline but havent got the actual cards?

@adams21 it's probably not an officially recommended approach, but yes as long as you have the SIM card number, you can activate your account and secure the plan before end of Sunday.  The only "problem" there is you won't actually be able to use the service until you have a SIM card in hand.  If the person that gave you the number also physically mails you the card, you can just plug it in once you receive it and start using it. If instead you finally get your originally ordered card from PM, you can sign into your self-serve account and change the SIM card number on your account to the replacement and then start using it.

@Brooke_C mine is a plan change so hopefully it works! Cat Wink

It's ok for last 2 referals since I seeing them tomorrow night

Hopefully servers do not crash Cat Surprised

adams21

@Brooke_C and for people who ordered SIMS a week ago and still have not got them. What should we do? I have managed through the community to get an awesome person who is willing to send me a SIM. Is there any way you can PM SIM numbers to people who ordered them before the deadline but havent got the actual cards?

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @kav2001c,

We will not be extending our promotion! Please sign-up before Sunday to make sure that you get the deal 🙂 

adams21

@WearySky that would be awesome. I am at work now and will check my mail when I get home and hope for the best. If nothing has arrived I will PM you and we can work that out. Of course I have no issue paying for the stamps and can E-transfer you for the SIM.

WearySky

@adams21 I've got a spare sim (somebody else asked me for it, then disappeared).  If you want, I can send you the sim # via PM and then mail you the card (as long as you're willing to pay the couple bucks for the stamp/envelope and use me as a referral :)).  Obviously you'll have to wait a day or two after you activate in order to be able to use it, but I'd be sending it from Oakville so it should arrive relatively quickly.

adams21

I ordered my SIMs on Thursday the 10th and still have not received them. Got all the confirmation emails. Told my Aunt about the great deal, she ordered her SIM Monday and got it today. We live on the same road.

At this point I am not sure what to do. I am in more rural Ontario so going to pick up a SIM is not an option really for me.

Any advice on what I should do? Thanks guys

WearySky

@kav2001c sure, we're all on Bell towers out here, but I don't see why Rogers wouldn't want a piece of Telus' cake out this way.

mharichu
True!

beebo305

Thanks for confirming it!

@WearySky remember Telus territory is really out west (AB/BC)

Out east we are all roaming on Bell towers

That's why the others are trying to hit Telus where it hurts

No advantage to carriers doing it nationwide

But I'm hoping they will price match since others are now copying them after seeing how many people ported out

imm1304

@bcsteeve no worries, mate!  These are the busiest days in PM's history so far.  

Check out the other thread where @hummuschips posted a pic of the lineup to buy sim cards from Telus tower in Toronto!  Incredible response.  

bcsteeve
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@imm1304 wrote:

Hi @bcsteeve,

@mharichu has been directed to send a private message and has already done so.  Its a stuck port request issue for the newly joined on the promo plan.  Cheers.  

Yes, of course.  My apologies.  I got the notification and read the post and the replies on the page not realizing there were several pages of replies that followed (man this thread grows fast!)

WearySky

@kav2001c wrote:

@Brooke_C Question for you

Seeing as Telus' main rival has now price matched this promo plan in your own backyard is there any chance Public/Telus may extend the promotion?

Would be very curious how well this promo went in the Bell areas (must be pretty good since rival carriers are now launching same plans...)

Any updates would be interesting

No sign of any competing plans in Ontario yet.  BC/AB have gotten competitive plans from Virgin and Fido, but Ontario remains a black hole.  I wish the CRTC would crack down on the "great plans where there's actually competition, otherwise offer garbage" nonsense that the carriers get away with in Canada.  

@mharichu wrote:
Its been 30 minutes that I send a private message to Mary still cannot receive incoming.

As I mentioned, you're going to have to be patient.  You're not the only person to have problems.  There is a SIGNIFICANT backlog of support requests right now.

Need Help? Let's chat.