cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE] Last day to get our limited time 4GB / $40 promo plan!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Note: The promo plan has been removed from our website; however is still available in the activation portal and in Self-Serve. 

We will be honouring the promo plan for all customers who ordered their SIM card between October 25th-November 16th, but did not receive it before November 20th.

Why the November 16th cut-off date you might ask? SIM card orders take 1-2 business days to arrive at your home, and Canada Post does not deliver on the weekends. Knowing that there is a lead time for SIM cards to arrive, we have temporarily stopped SIM card ordering until after the promotion is complete. This is because anyone who would have ordered a SIM card after November 16th would not have received their SIM card in enough time to sign up for the promo plan. We didn’t want anyone to get your hopes up and then be disappointed.

If you get a SIM card at one of our pick-up locations this Friday and Saturday, you will need to sign-up for our promo plan on or before November 20th. The promo plan will not be honoured for these customers after November 20th.

Hey Community,

Yes, you read the subject line correctly! From October 25th to November 20th, we will be offering an amazing promotion where you can get 12GB of data, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text on a 90 day plan for only $120. This equates to 4GB each month for the low, low price of $40 every 30 days. If there was ever a time to get friends and family to join Public Mobile, now would be it!

Check out the full details below to see how you and your friends and family can sign up for this awesome plan!

Things you need to know

• This is the only promotional plan during this period. No other plans are affected
  • During the promo period, there will be two plans totaling $120: (1) the 6GB unlimited province-wide talk and global text plan and (2) the promotional plan, which has 12GB of data. Please be sure to choose the plan with twice as much data for the exact same price!
  • If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer and are interested in taking advantage of the promo plan, you have two options:

1. If your plan ends during the promo period: You can sign up for the plan in self-serve, as you normally would to change your plan
  2. If your plan ends after the promo period: You can future date a rate plan change during the promotional period, and have the promo plan take effect after November 20th. For example, if you’re currently on a 90 day plan that ends on November 28th, you will be able to sign into self-serve anytime between October 25th-November 20th and future date the promo plan to take effect upon your existing plan’s completion. Come November 21st, you would no longer be able to future date the promo plan.

This means that everyone has the option to take advantage of this great deal, regardless of when your existing rate plan ends. 

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in having this promo plan, you will need to call into the call centre and upgrade to the Pick & Pay plan. Please note that, once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers: You want to join because the grass is really greener over here

As a new customer, you can add the promo plan when you are prompted in the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first!

-Public Mobile Community team

1,415 REPLIES 1,415

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
The deal is still there, unfortunately you just needed to choose it. You'll need to contact a mod to fix it for you.
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

Right NOW I would set up a plan change for the next renewal to the promo plan., it's still there in the self serve.

Lia
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

Today is Nov 20 5 pm Pacific time.

I just registered, my SIM card. I wanted the 12g/90days/$120 but the promo was not active anymore on the self serve even this is mentioned that will still be active until Nov 20.

I have registered with 6gb just to activate the account and pay the same price.

The sim card was purchased before Nov 16.

Please advise how do I change to 12g for the same price?

Thank you,

Lia

@bcsteeve the same thing always happens whenever I sign up for something aha. Only time will tell!

Rockdaddy22
If it was better, they'd let us switch to it on the next renewal, so it's all good.

bcsteeve
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Fully agree.  My hope is this turns out the be the best deal of the year because I hate it when I buy something just to find out there was better if I just waited a week  lol

And yeah, they really seem like they need to catch their breath.

srlawren

@bcsteeve a little curious, yes!  If there is something planned, they haven't told the community oracles about it yet.  I suspect this promo was their attempt to attract as many new customers as possible in advance of the feeding frenzy that will be the Black Friday/Cyber Monday long weekend.  I think it was pretty smart.  Quite honestly, as nice as it would be to see something else offered up here for BF, I'm hoping PM takes some time and fixes some systematic issues first before attempting to run another big promo plan.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rockdaddy22
I hope not, let things settle down around here first 🙂

bcsteeve

Anyone else curious if there's an even better deal around the corner?  Interesting timing (maybe?) that this one ends right before Black Friday.

srlawren

@sameer76 unfortunately, the answer is you cannot activate without a SIM card number.  Were you thinking you could order a SIM card today and get it in time to activate before midnight eastern time tonight?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sameer76
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for this information. I tried to order a SIM online to use this promotion and activate account but it says the service is suspended . "need to come back next week since we’ve temporarily stopped shipping SIM cards. "

I am wondering how I can activate and use the promotion without having a SIM number

imm1304

@monster5000, promo has been removed from the website now because anyone who sees it there can't order a sim in time to sign up.

However, go to the activation page and its still there:  https://activate.publicmobile.ca

At the activation portal, select provincial talk, global text and 12GB data.. the price will display $120 + tax

monster5000

Did they remove the promo? I don't see it advertised on the front page anymore. And when I go to make my plan, the plan is now coming up to $186. I really hope this is a glitch, because I was about to sign up my brother today!

Howald111

Thanks,  

For some reason I had an activation issue.  I went through the process but it failed at the confirmation stage.  I tried going through it again but my sim and e-mail are still tied to my first attempt.  Waiting to her back from Public Mobile.

Cheers.

Kris.

TroyDaBes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@srlawren Yeah, it's a manually change plan. Even if it that was the case, I still have 3 rewards left and it will save me at least $25 + tax.

srlawren
@TroyDaBes that sounds a bit odd. But on the other hand, if I understood correctly, you changed your plan immediately rather than scheduling a future-dated plan change. Is that right? Some rewards are only applied at the renewal time. I believe auto-pay is one of those rewards. I'm not sure want effect an early plan change would have on that. Hopefully you hear back soon.

TroyDaBes

@srlawren: It changed my plan to the 12GB plan before my renewal date on the 27th of November. The rewards that I currently have did not apply to my payment. I paid $120 + tax instead of $120 - rewards

@TroyDaBes

things will calm down quickly after the 21st so I would imagine Mods will respond to your inquiries 

srlawren
@TroyDaBes I looked at your recent posting history and don't see you having posted anything that looked like you would be looking for a refund. Ate you able to elaborate at all on your situation? Apologies if you have and I missed it--it's impossible to keep up with all the community activity these days!

Just an FYI that you may already know: being a pre-paid service, pm does not do any refunds as a policy for unused plan portions. They will occasionally make an exception depending on the circumstance, but it's usually in the form of a credit toward your next renewal rather than an actual money-back-in-your-pocket refund.

TroyDaBes

I hope I can get a response from a mod or anyone after the 20th. I really need to get a refund. 

srlawren
@Howald111 don't panic. Proceed to activate.publicmobile.ca and once you get to the plan selection step, choose 90 days, province wide talk, global text, and 12gb of data and you will see the promo price of $120+tax. Don't worry that publicmobile.ca/plans no longer shows the promo pricing.

Howald111

Good Morning.

I'm a little worried.  I just ported my number from Bell last week, because I find this service to be fantastic.  I received a sim card earlier in the week, and was planning on setting up my Wife today (November 19th), but I can't see the 4GB deal.  I thought it expired on November 20th.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Kris.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

@bcsteeve you such an eveil person XD. I was off for 16 hours and the forums advances by 15 pages... what did you do? go easy on this forum man 

@jairolevi you are indeed THE businessman of this forums. 

qstylez

@srlawren Thanks for clarifying. Yes.  Tried unsuccessfully (daily) since Nov 12.  Still waiting for them to fix it up.  I'm just glad PM is being reasonable in honouring the offer while they iron out issues that people (like myself) are having.

Rockdaddy22
You should try starting your own thread about your issue, it'll be seen by more people who might be able to help.

Also, to anyone who cares, PM has twitter and facebook support also.

mharichu
Been activated my account for more than 36 hours and here I am still stuck on no data, no incoming calls and text

They said to send my info on private message to Mary and wait. But its a awhile still not working.

How long am I gonna wait. I have clients, they are gonna contact me.

Is there anyone on this PM who care to help me?
I can't wait any longer.

bcsteeve

Seven

@jairolevi wrote:

@bcsteeve just curious, how many messages did you get? Man, totally get the referrals....

JL

ShadowWarrior

There are certainly very interesting and funny people around this forum ^^.

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It was actually very easy with this promo.... I just asked 3 questions:

1. How much you pay for your cellphone?
  2. What do you get? (data, minutes, etc)
  3. If there was a plan that gives you more ( more data for instance ) and cost LESS, would you switch?

If they say Yes, then I tell them about PM....

If they start doubting I don't even waste my time, I know PM is not for everybody ( mom, stay with Wind... )

JL

srlawren

@jairolevi 23?!?!  Wow that's amazing!!!  I'm not a very good salesman!  Also, I try to be selective and not suggest it up to someone I know unless I'm pretty sure it's going to fit their needs and comfort level.  But yes I've gone from 1 pre-promo referral to 2 plus at least one more likely happening this weekend.

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @srlawren

I had thought about that, cellphone is off, and that is a temporary number: I will port my real number next week once things get back to normal...

Just wanted to see what would happen.... but probably is not worth it I have 23 referrals anyways ( referring with this promotion was so easy! ).

Will remove, its bad karma anyways...

@bcsteeve just curious, how many messages did you get? Man, totally get the referrals....

JL

Need Help? Let's chat.