cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE] Last day to get our limited time 4GB / $40 promo plan!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Note: The promo plan has been removed from our website; however is still available in the activation portal and in Self-Serve. 

We will be honouring the promo plan for all customers who ordered their SIM card between October 25th-November 16th, but did not receive it before November 20th.

Why the November 16th cut-off date you might ask? SIM card orders take 1-2 business days to arrive at your home, and Canada Post does not deliver on the weekends. Knowing that there is a lead time for SIM cards to arrive, we have temporarily stopped SIM card ordering until after the promotion is complete. This is because anyone who would have ordered a SIM card after November 16th would not have received their SIM card in enough time to sign up for the promo plan. We didn’t want anyone to get your hopes up and then be disappointed.

If you get a SIM card at one of our pick-up locations this Friday and Saturday, you will need to sign-up for our promo plan on or before November 20th. The promo plan will not be honoured for these customers after November 20th.

Hey Community,

Yes, you read the subject line correctly! From October 25th to November 20th, we will be offering an amazing promotion where you can get 12GB of data, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text on a 90 day plan for only $120. This equates to 4GB each month for the low, low price of $40 every 30 days. If there was ever a time to get friends and family to join Public Mobile, now would be it!

Check out the full details below to see how you and your friends and family can sign up for this awesome plan!

Things you need to know

• This is the only promotional plan during this period. No other plans are affected
  • During the promo period, there will be two plans totaling $120: (1) the 6GB unlimited province-wide talk and global text plan and (2) the promotional plan, which has 12GB of data. Please be sure to choose the plan with twice as much data for the exact same price!
  • If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer and are interested in taking advantage of the promo plan, you have two options:

1. If your plan ends during the promo period: You can sign up for the plan in self-serve, as you normally would to change your plan
  2. If your plan ends after the promo period: You can future date a rate plan change during the promotional period, and have the promo plan take effect after November 20th. For example, if you’re currently on a 90 day plan that ends on November 28th, you will be able to sign into self-serve anytime between October 25th-November 20th and future date the promo plan to take effect upon your existing plan’s completion. Come November 21st, you would no longer be able to future date the promo plan.

This means that everyone has the option to take advantage of this great deal, regardless of when your existing rate plan ends. 

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in having this promo plan, you will need to call into the call centre and upgrade to the Pick & Pay plan. Please note that, once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers: You want to join because the grass is really greener over here

As a new customer, you can add the promo plan when you are prompted in the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first!

-Public Mobile Community team

1,415 REPLIES 1,415

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
It's still a great deal, even without the promo.

hoikwo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks WearySky for the quick reply!  I really hope PM will bring the deal back.  My contact with Rogers just expired.  Well, guess will have go for the $40, 2G 120days plan. 

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hoikwo wrote:

Any chance PM will bring back the same promote for the Christmas and Boxing date?

They're still struggling to clean up the backlog of service requests from the last promo, that ended over 3 weeks ago now.  I HIGHLY doubt there will be any new promotions happening any time soon.

hoikwo

Any chance PM will bring back the same promote for the Christmas and Boxing date?

Rockdaddy22
NO
You should choose the 6GB $120 plan. Much easier to fix after, no refunds involved. If you pick the $186 plan it causes a bigger hassle, now they have to do a credit card refund which can be a hassle, unless you'd accept a $66 credit on your account.

imm1304

@reggieb, the PM staff will be able to see when you joined PM. 

So, send a private message to @Mary_M with your request and explanation to have the plan changed to the promo plan.  Just have a lot of patience once you send the message though, as they are seriously backlogged.

tknguyen
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@reggieb you should have chosen the same plan (wouldve came out to 186) and then contacted a mod to change it to the promo on their side

bcsteeve

Got my new Nextbit Robin (broke my other phone right after activating account).  now I can use this great plan!

reggieb

I activated on Nov 20 but the promo wasn't available.  Will PM honour the promo and how do I get it applied to my account?  Thanks.

clavije

hi 

my reply was for mikec and he did not have received the 3er sim 

Rockdaddy22

You'll get the promo when you get the sims. There's people dying to get this promo and at the same time people want refunds to sims that quality for the promo.

monster5000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm finding that the email link isn't working right now. It's saying to enter a matching email, even though it matches the one on my account. 

I also ordered a SIM on the 7th and it's still not here. 

jonnypage

I found emailing them worked really well when I didn't receieve my sim cards. They fedexed me some new ones asap!

Xiaomi
The mods who run this forum are a joke. I ordered two sims and they shipped on the 7th, still haven't arrived. Tried contacting "mods" for a week, no reply. Now I just want a refund for these useless sims that will probably arrive in another 2 weeks.

athrun

who are the mods I can PM?

Thanks

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@clavije Unless you saw a different post, the post clearly says you need an order number; or was able to start an activation. I've already discussed why somebody might not have an order number and when activation fails like it did for @pmed and I.

clavije

hi , i order 3 sims on 3 different dates everytime i got an email stating that my order was shipped, did you got an email?

MikeC
Let me rephrase: The whole problem is that the SIM never came for some reason (maybe lost in mail, maybe a problem with the order not going through and I didn't realize etc) so I really have no proof of when I ordered it. Either way I will accept their decision.

clavije

hi , a mod post a tread stating that if you have order a sim card by nov 16 and for any reason you did not got it on time , that they will honor and give you the promo

clavije

you must have an email about your sim being send to you, just pm a mod stated your facts and i'm sure that they will help you

good luck

clavije

hi, i don't think it will be a problem "as long as you have order your sim card before nov 16 , they will honor that plan," just send a pm to a mod put all the info and that pic in it 

good luck

clavije

porting is not a problem, i ported 3 numbers without a problem just fill the account #  phone #  imei # and , check first the square that you are authorized to port that number and everithing will go smoothre check that all info is ok before sending

bluerage
Anyone have any suggestions as to when we should port in? I don't want to add to the backlog that's currently going on.

Jonavin

@pmed I don't know. I have the same situation. I sent a PM to @Jeremy_M and hadn't gotten a response yet.  We're not high on the priority list though so he might not have even gotten to these secondary issues yet. 

The general announcemnet covers everyone who ordered between the promo dates and has an order number. Those of us who don't have an order number (got on location on Friday/Saturday or from another user) may be out of luck.

pmed
  1. So your saying if I had technical issues activating I won't get the plan? I was activating a few accounts from 6 pm but last one was around 11:13 pm when it went down. It didn't allow me to create the last account Screenshot_2016-11-20-23-13-39.png

MikeC
Yeah but I don't even have a sim right now because nobody knows what happened to it...I would have to order another one.

Funny thing is, this promotion is meant to take business away from the other big companies...well it worked! I've been with rogers for as long as I can remember and just because of a technical difficulty I think it would be silly to turn my business away and keep me with a competitor.

Will be interesting to see if they will accommodate me. Hoping for the logical answer, but who knows!

Jonavin

@aip0401 only if you have an order number during the promo period. If you had a sim on the last day of the promo but were unable to sign up technical problem, I think you're out of luck. Servers were acting up around 11pm that night so some people missed it. 

aip0401

It's been posted before by the mods that you should still be able to get the promo plan if you ordered your SIM before the Nov 16 deadline.

See the first post: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Last-day-to-get-our-limited-time-...

MikeC
Hi, I have been a Rogers customer for the last decade or so. My contract with them expired at the beginning of October and I came across PM's promotion of 4GB for $38/month on November 11th (Ontario). I ordered the SIM card that day and then went on a trip related to my studies shortly after, so I figured I would just activate when I got back. I recently returned to find out that the SIM has not been delivered (it looks like I haven't been charged either, which is good), however it seems that I can no longer get this promotion.

Would there be a way that I can still get the deal... because I was really looking forward to it and it is frustrating that no one at Canada Post seems to know what's going on. In the spirit of Black Friday, would this be possible?

pmed
I pm the mods and now the pm I sent has been deleted. Why does my message not show anymore? Still no answer. How long should a response take?
Need Help? Let's chat.