cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Maintenance -January 17th & January 19th

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

This means that on Tuesday, January 17th  from 00:00 AM (EST) until 06:00 am (EST) & on Thursday, January 19th from 00:00 AM (EST) until 07:00 am (EST) you won't be able to do the following:

• Access your Self-Serve account
  • Activate a new account

large.png

Please excuse us for any inconvenience this may cause. 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
19 REPLIES 19

joe5000
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Or cannot log in buffet system, can't get back password? What time can visit the self-service system and their own password?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Saray_O awesome, thanks for following up!  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey @srlawren

I took care of @Jaclynnkeating's issue earlier today Cat Tongue

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

srlawren

@Jaclynnkeating did you reach out to the moderators for support?  In case you haven't, I'm going to tag @Mary_M to try to help.  She may need you to send her a private message with your phone number so she can find your account.  If you'd like to expedite the process, I'd recommend you send her one now proactively explaining the issue and including your phone number.  I hope you get a speedy resolution.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Jaclynnkeating
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I wanted to know if the system update that was happening could be why I have no sevice. My bill was due today. I paid it and it came out of my bank account but i dont have service and the system says I still owe money. I need my phone service asap.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@daredoggSmiley Embarassed

thanks!!!!! 😄 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

@Shazia_K you wrote, you won't be able to do the following: but there is no list. I'm thinking it's access the self-serve, but it's 5:30 am on Tuesday, and I was able to log in fine. Can you update post before Thursday's maintenance? Thanks! Robot Happy

srlawren

@zhadj030 bear in mind that with the level of detail of the announcement we really can't draw many conclusions.  "System Maintenance" is intentionally vague, and along with possible bug fixes and/or new features, here are some other things that could be consistered system maintenance:

- Operating system(s) security patching from the OS vendor(s)

- Database archiving/pruning

- Database re-indexing for accuracy and/or performance

- Other database performance tuning

- Migrating sysetm(s) from one server to another

- Virtualizing system(s) from physical servers to virtual machines 

- Moving virtual machines from one data centre to anohter

- Moving virutal machines from in-house data centre to a cloud hosted server (unlikely for a Telus company to outsource any hosting, but included for completeness)

- Performance testing (one would hope this would be done in a non-production environment but still possible)

- Updating network topology infrastructure to include new cell towers or other types of nodes

- Updating routing tables or other networking components

- A million and a half different network type changes

- many, many more

This is far from a complete list, and I can only imagine the sheer number of system and complexity of interconnection between them that a company like PM/Telus deal with on a day to day basis.  

X-Files
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

....New year 4th update? thanks for continuing to improve the PM platform and service, but login still need 10 seconds to go in, any improve for this will be helpful.

Nate_F
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I'm guessing they are trying to make sure everything is flawless for the mass of auto-renewals about to happen next month. Here's hoping everything goes flawless!

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

an Other maintenance!!!

I suppose that there is indeed a lot of bugs to be fixed in the system.

We wont know what is getting fixed but I hope that it is being permenantly fixed

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The fact that they simply called it system maintenance sort of sets the tone for the level of disclosure that is most comforting.  As users of the system, we would like to see a little more granularity, but I sense we are going to see no more detail than system maintenance.

jaswest2754
@will13am perhaps in those cases it could post the user related bugs their fixing and description then just add generalized security updates at the end with no description

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Often updates are not elaborated upon for security and technical reasons.  So, it may not be the most useful thing for Public Mobile to report a sanitized description such as updates and bug fixes.  It is reassuring to know that things are happening in the background.

Raven_Jet

Yes that's a good sign of a healthy system. To have upgrades etc.  

It means it stays relevant.

jaswest2754

At least we know there trying to fix the bugs.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

It has been mentioned in the Public Lab but any chance of a build log to let us know what is fixed or has been fixed.  A roadmap of improvements would be amazing to see the timeline of updates and what was fixed.  Many apps do this and it is just common sense for OS's to let us know what they ahve updated so I think this would be good for PM as well.

But thanks for continuing to improve the PM platform and service side!!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

UDP7

Updates on updates on updates.

Raven_Jet

Online self serve isn't working but will *611?

Need Help? Let's chat.