cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Ordering & SIM Card Payment & Pick-Up Locations

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

UPDATE: VANCOUVER IS OFFICIALLY SOLD OUT.

Hey Community,

There are only 2 more days left for you to take advantage of our 4G/ $40 promotional plan. Since time is short, we are doing a couple of things to help you get your SIM cards prior to the promo ending, and so that we level-set on expectations.

We are temporarily stopping SIM cards shipments.

Unfortunately, you’ll need to come back to order SIM cards next week since we’ve temporarily stopped shipping SIM cards. Why? We thought you’d want to know. It’s simple: any SIM cards that are ordered now will not make it into your hands before the end of our promotion (Sunday, November 20 at 11:59pm) and we don’t want you to get your hopes up and then be disappointed. But do come back and check us out next week – we’d love to have you join us.

We will be setting up SIM card pick-up locations in 3 urban centres.

For people who have not yet received their SIM cards in the mail, or for people who would like to switch at the last minute, we are setting up SIM card pick-up locations.  This is how it will work:

• Those who have not yet ordered a SIM card can purchase a SIM card for $5 each. Credit cards and VISA debit cards are the only accepted payment methods.  No other method of payment will be accepted. All SIM card purchases will be non-refundable.
  • In the spirit of Movember, all proceeds will be donated to the Movember Foundation to address some of the biggest health issues faced by men.
  • If you have ordered a SIM card and have not yet received it, please bring your Shopify order confirmation email to prove your payment (either electronically or printed). Without this confirmation email, you will need to pay for another SIM card.

Who are you looking for? At each location there will be two Public Mobile representatives dressed with a white Public Mobile snapback and orange Public Mobile cape. Yes, that’s right- a cape. 

What time will the reps be available? Reps will be available Friday November 18th and Saturday November 19th from 11am - 7 pm local time. 

How many SIM cards can I purchase? There will be a limit of 2 SIM cards per person

Please note:  There are limited quantities of SIM cards at each location and we will be spreading out our supplies across the two days. 

Where can you pick-up SIM cards?

Toronto

Outside of the TELUS Tower

25 York Street

Toronto Ontario

M5J 2V5

Vancouver -- SOLD OUT FOR NOVEMBER 18 & NOVEMBER 19 

On the corner of Richards St and West Georgia

Vancouver British Columbia

Montreal

North of the TELUS Tower

Corner of René-Lévesque Boulevard and Union Avenue

Montreal Quebec

H3B 3C1

Last but not least, if you do have any Public Mobile SIM cards that you are not planning on using before the promotion is done, be kind! Let friends, family or Community members know, so that they can also take advantage of the great deal. We appreciate you lending a hand! 

-Public Mobile Community team

277 REPLIES 277

GS911
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anyone with an extra SIM card in the Scarborough/Markham, ON area?

Please private msg me.  Would like to come and pick one up.

adams21

@Brooke_C  so my order that we talked about earlier still hasn't come. I really hope you'll honor the deal like you said. It's either delayed or lost. 

Lat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@marissa95 wrote:

Telus Gardens

510 W Georgia St, Vancouver, BC V6B 0M3

Pickup starts at 11am.

Goodluck!

Be aware that they only have 250 sim cards to give out. The lineup today was at the NE corner of Georgia and Richards.

Carrie6

If anyone has a SIM they aren't using and would like to sell to me, would you please PM? I can pick up in Vancouver.

Thx!

marissa95

Telus Gardens

510 W Georgia St, Vancouver, BC V6B 0M3

Pickup starts at 11am.

Goodluck!

aernest

Thank you! Just messaged! 

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
Yes you can, check the announcement

@Rockdaddy22 You mean I need to read something? Couldn't I just call you? 😴

Nspire

Ordered my sims on the 14th and they shipped on the 16th.. to my address without the house number.

I hope the mods are kind.

@sxc wrote:

Just came back from the Vancouver. They were poorly organized and kicked off TELUS property.

So instead they are doing it across the street (around Pacific Car Rental) and there's a small line up. Lots of sims left for those planning to go.

How do Public Mobile employees get kicked off Telus property when Telus is Public's parent company?  I'm sure Telus head office was informed of the plan to sell sim cards, and must have even given permission do so.  More likely, the lines/crowds may have been getting in the way of the every-day business dealings of staff entering the building, so Public might have been asked to move.

Heyadambrewsmit

The had quite a few left in Toronto, fyi.

felixcatman7
Tomorrow Saturday is also good for ppl living in Vancouver

Danny_M
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Please check the updated locations in the first post of this thread! We will not be located in the lobbies of the TELUS buildings but we will be outside close by!  

zzzzzzomg

Hey guys, the Vancouver pickup location is out of sim cards for the day 😞

Puffy

Hi there,

Where is the exact pickup location for Vancouver location tomorrow?

thanks,

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I have one FREE SIM available just arrived in mail...will need a referral meet up Metrotown, Burnaby.

***GONE***

PandaP

I tried to pick one up today...they sold out at the dude infront of me 😕

Your best bet is to go up tomorrow for 11 I'd say.

xxJDxx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So I ordered a SIM a few days ago, but its looking like its not going to arrive today. 

Anything I can do?? Frustrating to miss out on this deal because of slow mail. 

I had a friend try to pick one up for me in Vancouver, but it looks like they've sold out. 

jooksingjai77

Does anyone know if there are more sim cards at the Toronto location?

Cat_L
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

UPDATE: We have sold out of SIM cards in Vancouver. Our Brand Ambassadors will be back tomorrow at 11AM with a limited number of SIM cards.

@Jonavin wrote:

They have another batch for tomorrow from what I understand.

@Jonavin I suspect they rationed some for tomorrow so as not to sell out today

ksgarcha

@kav2001c Sorry I didn't think to take any pictures.. back at the office now.

@ksgarcha any pics please?

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

They have another batch for tomorrow from what I understand.

ksgarcha

VANCOUVER IS SOLD OUT. 

Was waiting in line and got turned away..

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I miss Clearnet.

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@sxc wrote:

Just came back from the Vancouver. They were poorly organized and kicked off TELUS property.

So instead they are doing it across the street (around Pacific Car Rental) and there's a small line up. Lots of sims left for those planning to go.

I guess the Future isn't so friendly after all...

Sorry couldn't resist Man Very Happy

jccl
@sxc Thanks for the info. Will check it out again

ksgarcha

Thank you @sxc. I hope @jccl reads this post in time and didn't leave.

sxc

Need Help? Let's chat.