cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Ordering & SIM Card Payment & Pick-Up Locations

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

UPDATE: VANCOUVER IS OFFICIALLY SOLD OUT.

Hey Community,

There are only 2 more days left for you to take advantage of our 4G/ $40 promotional plan. Since time is short, we are doing a couple of things to help you get your SIM cards prior to the promo ending, and so that we level-set on expectations.

We are temporarily stopping SIM cards shipments.

Unfortunately, you’ll need to come back to order SIM cards next week since we’ve temporarily stopped shipping SIM cards. Why? We thought you’d want to know. It’s simple: any SIM cards that are ordered now will not make it into your hands before the end of our promotion (Sunday, November 20 at 11:59pm) and we don’t want you to get your hopes up and then be disappointed. But do come back and check us out next week – we’d love to have you join us.

We will be setting up SIM card pick-up locations in 3 urban centres.

For people who have not yet received their SIM cards in the mail, or for people who would like to switch at the last minute, we are setting up SIM card pick-up locations.  This is how it will work:

• Those who have not yet ordered a SIM card can purchase a SIM card for $5 each. Credit cards and VISA debit cards are the only accepted payment methods.  No other method of payment will be accepted. All SIM card purchases will be non-refundable.
  • In the spirit of Movember, all proceeds will be donated to the Movember Foundation to address some of the biggest health issues faced by men.
  • If you have ordered a SIM card and have not yet received it, please bring your Shopify order confirmation email to prove your payment (either electronically or printed). Without this confirmation email, you will need to pay for another SIM card.

Who are you looking for? At each location there will be two Public Mobile representatives dressed with a white Public Mobile snapback and orange Public Mobile cape. Yes, that’s right- a cape. 

What time will the reps be available? Reps will be available Friday November 18th and Saturday November 19th from 11am - 7 pm local time. 

How many SIM cards can I purchase? There will be a limit of 2 SIM cards per person

Please note:  There are limited quantities of SIM cards at each location and we will be spreading out our supplies across the two days. 

Where can you pick-up SIM cards?

Toronto

Outside of the TELUS Tower

25 York Street

Toronto Ontario

M5J 2V5

Vancouver -- SOLD OUT FOR NOVEMBER 18 & NOVEMBER 19 

On the corner of Richards St and West Georgia

Vancouver British Columbia

Montreal

North of the TELUS Tower

Corner of René-Lévesque Boulevard and Union Avenue

Montreal Quebec

H3B 3C1

Last but not least, if you do have any Public Mobile SIM cards that you are not planning on using before the promotion is done, be kind! Let friends, family or Community members know, so that they can also take advantage of the great deal. We appreciate you lending a hand! 

-Public Mobile Community team

277 REPLIES 277

maximizeaccount
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anyone tried to select the regular plan as jeremy suggested and got it changed to the promo plan yet?

Just waiting on the data to show 12gb from 6gb..

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Get a new number, port later.

I got the promo, will port in about a week.

Jl

bluerage

How long do we have to take advantage of the promo?  I'd like to delay my port so that the mods can clear as much of the baglog problems we saw from last week.

xxJDxx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Still no SIM card for me in the mail today! 

Looks like Canada Post's 1-2 Business day estimate was wrong. 

Pandafavorite

Glad it got worked out!!

ChopstickHero
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Very helpful @Jeremy_M, thank you. Will send a private message after I help my brother go through activation again.

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@xxJDxx @imm1304

If you ordered your SIM card during our promo period, Oct25th to the cut-off date Nov16th, we will honour the promo plan and make sure you're up and running.

When going through the activation portal the promo plan will not be available, so please choose the following  in market plan:

plan.JPG

Once activated, please private message a Community mod or myself and we will provision the promo plan for you.

Note: You must also provide the order # of the SIM card you purchased

Thanks,

Jeremy

pmed
Nevermind you just gave an answer at the same time

pmed
Where can you pm a PM mod? I couldn't activate one of my lines last night. I got some active but on the last one the page kept saying error

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ChopstickHero, the forum discussions are just that.  Basic questions get answered and some troubleshooting done.  

Beyond that, customers are directed to, and should, send a private message to the forum moderators and their issues are addressed/resolved in the order they were received in.  Private messages don't really get lost and you will see that the mods are actually responsive on regular days.  The promo related backlog was a very unusual situation.  

Also, from the "Get Help" page, we are able to submit webmail request to PM support.. these get into formal ticketing system and is another way to get customer service.  

The above is just some generic stuff  FYI.  And yes, I agree that a clarification regarding any specific instructions for those who ordered sim cards by the 16th will be useful.  

ChopstickHero
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Definitely some clarification would be useful as to who to go through. There's no formal ticketing help system here, so it seems like ppl's requests for help get lost in all the noise of posts.

imm1304

@xxJDxx, you should be able to get on the promo plan by providing your sim card order number and mentioning that you ordered before the 16th of November. 

Which means you will have to go through a PM support staff to get in on this deal as the promo plan will no longer show at the activation page.  

I think a private message to the mods would be the way to go.  

Would @Jeremy_M comment on this please?  Thanks.  

Pandafavorite

I don't think you can get the special 38$ plan promo. It ended on the Nov 20th. However, I also do not think items ship on the weekend..... I apologize but I think you me out of luck if you still want to get the 38$ plan. However, Fido and Virgin have very similar plans to PM's promo. It may not be as good as PM's but It is worth checking out!

Virgin:http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/bell/virgin-40-4gb-plan/

Fido:http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/rogers/fido-40-4gb-plan-public-mobile/

Rockdaddy22
Im so happy this promo is over, maybe I can rest a little. Im hoping this mess will be cleaned up by the end of the month 🙂

xxJDxx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So for those of us who ordered our SIM cards before the 16th but didn't recieve them on Friday, how do we go about getting the plan when the SIM's arrive tomorrow (hopefully)?

Pandafavorite

I heard that people are trying to sell the sim card for 50$ on craigslist and websites like that along with a somebody who attempted to give away free PM sim cards. Due to the amazing plan they gave. Fido has desperately tried to offer a similar plan for 40$/month and is currently facing huge line ups!

Crazy...

Carrie6
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

imm1304

And that's a wrap. 

Ladies and gentlemne, its been quite a ride.  

Hope everyone who wanted to will be able to get on the best plan in Canada.  

modiste

i guess its game over

imm1304

just  7 minutes to go and still sim cards being shared.  Incredible!

Make it fast guys.  Good luck

modiste

i have a sim here , north of montreal.  

can give you number and ill ship on monday

youll have to trust me on this one!!

r3z33

Ordered a sim on the 7th. Never received it. Should I do a charge back? 

pmed
Same here

Doyle

Hi David

I have a valid SIM card that I want to activate but I get a server error after a long waiting period (probably because it is oveloaded) what do I do? I took a screenshot of the error message. I tried to activate around 11pm.

Thnaks

Harald

canucks4life

I was just in the mall noticed Fido lineup is super long guess they're matching promo must end today as well.

Rockdaddy22
I feel I've been charging a fair price with shipping. $10

canucks4life

@dandude wrote:

It's unfortunate to see Craigslist ads selling their unused SIMs upwards of $100.

Have you seen NES classic prices on CL? **bleep** supply & demand vultures

Pm_416

I have a few SIM Cards available and am in West Toronto... Willing to give it up for the cost of SIM Card and referral. PM me if interested.

imm1304

@jlovezj. I replied to you. Check inbox. 

jlovezj

Hi are you in the GTA? looking for a sim card and willing to exchange for a referal.

Need Help? Let's chat.