Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New year, new Community look!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

We are excited to announce that, as of today, we’ve updated our Community! You’ll notice that all the discussions and posts you’ve had in the past will still be on the Community, but that the way you used to find certain things may be different. Once you become familiar with the changes, we hope that you will be able to find answers to your questions that much faster.

We would like to provide a big shout-out to @WearySky, @CaNuCk07, @TheOldVR, @NDesai, @Watoko, @stonechucker, @awesomeness, @Luddite, @srlawren, @imm1304, @youbme, and @homer for providing their suggestions on how we can improve the Community in our Public Lab. We know that there is still a lot of work to be done, but that this is a step in the right direction. Keep the suggestions coming!

Below are some of the changes you will notice with this update. Please note that these changes only affect the Community.  

Our Community is now mobile friendly

If you’ve ever tried to access the Community on your phone before, you will remember how difficult it was to get from one area to the next. Since all the icons were so small, it made it challenging to navigate to the different discussions or respond. Now, you’re experience on your phone will be more like your experience on your computer: easy and care-free.

We’ve increased our search functionalities

We’ve added some new search functionalities so that you can find answers to your questions quicker than ever before. Here are just some examples of how we’ve improved things:

• The Knowledge Base-The Knowledge Base articles contain Public Mobile approved answers to your questions, and cover a lot of useful information. Since they are so critical for helping Community members, we’ve decided to move them to the forefront. Now, you’ll see these Knowledge Base articles before scrolling to find the latest topics or new solutions. Additionally, we’ve added filters so you can search by Bravos, date, views and comments.
  • Public Lab- Now, our ideas in the Public Lab are sorted by their status so it’s easier to see whether an idea has already been suggested by someone else. We’ve also added functionality so that within each status category you can see which ideas have the most Bravos, and which ideas have been posted most recently. To do this, just click on ‘New Ideas’ or ‘Top Ideas’ on the top left hand side of the page and the ideas will automatically be filtered for you.

Sharing information got a lot easier

Last but not least, we’ve made some changes to how you can share information. To make it even easier, we’ve added ‘Share’ and ‘Quote’ features which can be used when you are responding to a thread on the Community.

• Sharing- When you find a Public Lab idea or a Knowledge Base article you want to share with your friends, just click the share button at the bottom of the postand you will have the option to share that thread via all sorts of different social channels. These channels include Facebook, Twitter and email, just to name a few.
  • Quoting- Really like what someone else said? So much so that you couldn’t have said it any better yourself? Well, now you will be able to quote what another Community member has said. We thought this might come in handy when someone posts a question that already has an answer somewhere else on the Community. Rather than re-writing the solution, you can quickly quote the solution that has already been provided. This feature can also be used to respond to specific text in a post. By quoting the question you are answering, you will help decrease confusion by providing context about what you are replying to.

-Public Mobile Community team

94 REPLIES 94

Just one suggestion

Announcements is now the last item on message boards so many (incl myself) missed it

As a result you have a long thread here discussing changes

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/New-Community-Forum-Layout/m-p/131997#U131...

@Brooke_C I would suggest you push announcements up and merge the other thread

sportymi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

wow... so different... is this meant to be easier for mobile phone? coz on desktop there seems to be a lot of blank space

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wow big change, will take some time to get use to, but it looks pretty good!  A well needed update!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

It will take a bit to get used to that is for sure.  Seeing improvements is always nice but right now I feel lost.  With the old format even though I was new I was able to navigate it and figure it out pretty quickly.  Not sure if this is going to be as easy to figure out

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.