Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired: Talk and Text Promo Plan

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Facebook Organic Post.png

Update: We will be ending this promo on July 12th 11:59 pm EDT. Please note, if you order your SIM card now, you may not get it in time to get this promotion

Hey Community,

We have some exciting news! For a limited time, Public Mobile is offering the following promotional plan:

Unlimited province-wide talk and global text on a 90-day plan for $81 ($27/month) on Canada’s largest 4G LTE network.

Looking to sweeten the deal? Add Auto-Pay to your account upon activation or renewal and you’ll save an extra $2/30 days.  This means you could get unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text for $25/30 days or $75 for 90 days! And don’t forget about all the other Rewards you can earn.

Check out the full details below to see how you, your friends, and your family can take advantage of this awesome plan.

Things to know

• This promotional offer is only for a limited period of time
  • Once an end date is communicated, it will be the last day to activate on the promo plan.  The promotional price will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated on the promotional plan by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, and have not yet arrived or been activated.

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer you can sign up for the promotional plan in self-serve. Just paid for your next 30/90 days? Don’t worry, you can future date a rate plan at any time during the promotion. This means after your current service period is up, you will automatically be switched to the promo plan.  

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in the promotional plan, you will need to call into the call centre in order to change your plan to the promotional plan. Please note that once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and you will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers

As a new customer, you can sign up for the promo plan during the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first! Remember, this promotion is for a limited time only so, if you want to take advantage of it, be sure to activate as soon as possible!

For more information about our plans see our Terms of Service.

Public Mobile Community team

230 REPLIES 230

monocycliste
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@todonce you go through the activation process of your sim card and plan you go through exactly what's in my screenshot. It's a little bit different from the home page of PM, only a bit more info. As it's a special offer, it might never show up on the home page. A mod would know that.

Looks pretty amazing
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

tod
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@monocycliste wrote:

@tod it's already available. Just go to change plan and you select 90 day pass, unlimited provincial talk, unlimited international text, but no data and it will show 81$ for 90 days. That's 27$ per month and 25$ per month with auto-pay enable as stated in the original post.

Capture.PNG

@monocyclisteI didn't try that, I'm not planning on switching to this plan but I'd like to refer other people and it doesn't show up like that on the main page when I build a plan. I'm guessing it's still being updated

Looks like a great plan will ask my wife to switch her carrier
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

monocycliste

@tod it's already available. Just go to change plan and you select 90 day pass, unlimited provincial talk, unlimited international text, but no data and it will show 81$ for 90 days. That's 27$ per month and 25$ per month with auto-pay enable as stated in the original post.

Capture.PNG

chakri264
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Excellent news to those who dont care about data. Great. Keep it up PM.

pratchak

This is a great plan. Awesome

tod

Hmm when will this plan be available? I currently don't see it under plans when I select the options, I know some people that will be interested...

@zhadj030 I hate the promos. Robot Mad Let's just get great pricing all the time for every combination: calling, texting, data, calling + texting, calling + texting + data.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jeremy_M wrote:

Hey Community,

We have some exciting news! For a limited time, Public Mobile is offering the following promotional plan:

Unlimited province-wide talk and global text on a 90-day plan for $81 ($27/month) on Canada’s largest 4G LTE network.

Interesting offer. Looks like PM has realized that legacy customers on the $25 Canada-Wide Talk + Text did not have enough incentive to switch to a new plan, so they introduced this offer to help plug the "gap."

So, after the scheduled April 1 price increases for legacy plans, here's an updated price comparison of Koodo vs. PM Legacy vs. PM current 90-day plan monthly rates:
$19 Province-Wide Talk (K $19 / PML $22 / PMC $21.33*)
$25 Canada-Wide Talk + Text (K $25 / PML $28 / PMC $36.33* or Prov.Talk+Text PMC $23*)
$40 Canada-Wide Talk + Text + 1GB Data (K $40 / PML $43 / PMC $38*)
$45 Canadian & U.S. Talk + Text + 1GB Data (K $45 / PML $48 / PMC $43*)
$60 Canadian & U.S. Talk + Text + 2GB Data (K $60 / PML $63 / PMC $46*)
*PM Current monthly rates include $2 autopay and $2 loyalty rewards for switched legacy customers

This narrows the price gap considerably, especially for those who don't call out of province, but do text.  Had they offered Canada-wide instead of province-wide talk, it would be a no-brainer to switch.

It is still a good promo considering the current market. 

That sound like a great plan. Hopefully we see more of these promos showing up. I am assuming there wont be so much congestion as the last promo, so this will be interesting 

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Yes,yes... yesss! 🙂 @Luddite

Say for example a customer is with Public Mobile for 3 years now, they would get the autopay reward $6 + 9$ in loyalty rewards as it's 1$ per month/year. 

They would pay $66 per 90 days 😄 awesome eh? 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Jeremy_M If a Legacy customer transfers to this plan, is their Loyalty Reward calculated from the date of joining Public Mobile?

BTW all those people interested in minimal data (remember the $90 plans) could easily use this new promo with a data add on

I know some people the 1GB can last a year

@newfoundland wrote:

Nice plan. Any data plan promo?

No; data just as currently offered.

This deal isn't for me, but I'm sure I've got a few friends that may be interested.

To the deal-publice-mobile!

newfoundland

Nice plan. Any data plan promo?

@Jeremy_M nice plan Cat Very Happy but what are the start dates? I do not see it listed yet...

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Awesome. Now this is the cheapest talk and text plan available in the market. 

When they launched 12GB promo, we all thought that PM are targeting high data users but thats not true as they have launched this for those who only want talk and text. 

Thanks Public Mobile. 

Need Help? Let's chat.