Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired: Talk and Text Promo Plan

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Facebook Organic Post.png

Update: We will be ending this promo on July 12th 11:59 pm EDT. Please note, if you order your SIM card now, you may not get it in time to get this promotion

Hey Community,

We have some exciting news! For a limited time, Public Mobile is offering the following promotional plan:

Unlimited province-wide talk and global text on a 90-day plan for $81 ($27/month) on Canada’s largest 4G LTE network.

Looking to sweeten the deal? Add Auto-Pay to your account upon activation or renewal and you’ll save an extra $2/30 days.  This means you could get unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text for $25/30 days or $75 for 90 days! And don’t forget about all the other Rewards you can earn.

Check out the full details below to see how you, your friends, and your family can take advantage of this awesome plan.

Things to know

• This promotional offer is only for a limited period of time
  • Once an end date is communicated, it will be the last day to activate on the promo plan.  The promotional price will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated on the promotional plan by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, and have not yet arrived or been activated.

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer you can sign up for the promotional plan in self-serve. Just paid for your next 30/90 days? Don’t worry, you can future date a rate plan at any time during the promotion. This means after your current service period is up, you will automatically be switched to the promo plan.  

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in the promotional plan, you will need to call into the call centre in order to change your plan to the promotional plan. Please note that once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and you will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers

As a new customer, you can sign up for the promo plan during the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first! Remember, this promotion is for a limited time only so, if you want to take advantage of it, be sure to activate as soon as possible!

For more information about our plans see our Terms of Service.

Public Mobile Community team

230 REPLIES 230

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@paulie you might (or might not) find this helpful :

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Brief-Guide-How-to-subscribe-to-a-communit...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Maybe it's a new promo maybe we will receive email or text in future or next few days or maybe they are trying to attract more new customers let's see if we get email or something from pm
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Would have been a nice touch if we could be notified by email or text that a promo started running.  I actually found about this promo on Red Flag Deals !    

I would think the idea of a promo is to gain more customers, but if we are not notified how can we help bring customers on ?  

srlawren
@Samianauman no problem 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Thx @srlawren for updating my knowledge bro

I didn't check that part that's why thought they will honor ppls who get sim In mail late or order in promo time thx for updating me that's why I like here always have backup help from other friendly pm users
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

srlawren
@Samianauman not this time, no. If you read the first posting on this thread you will see that when it's over, it's over.

An end date has not yet been published. Anyone interested should have plenty of time if they order their sim card now though.

If you order when promo is on i think pm usually let u activate promo plan if sim delivered bit late or if promo plan expired I think send a private msg to mod just to make sure

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I want to know when it will end as well. I don't want to order a sim for my parents and then it won't arrive on time for activation. 

collin1215

Does anyone know when this offer is going to end? 

cricketfan
Simply put. $39 more for 12 GB of data for 3 months (fall promo).
If one doesn't need data at all,this is a good plan.

I'm glad I jumped on it at the right time.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

WOW what a great promo sharing this right now for those that this will suit perfectly!!  PM does it again great job!!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Thanks @srlamran

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Amazing deal! Good job PM. 

We like it...

srlawren

@Shazia_K I always thought it should work that way....  🙂

srlawren

@Samianauman yes.  Make sure to put your phone number in the referring number box when activating her new account. 

If i am on 12gb plan and will add wife under my name i can use myself as a referral right i just told her about it she's willing to leave freedom and join pm

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@srlawren

Since the beginning but it was a bit confusing as we had some issues. 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Thanks all.   I've fixed my spam on Facebook.  No takers yet, maybe they didn't see it (fingers crossed)

srlawren

@Shazia_K that's a great change!--when did that occur?  

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@srlawren

Any legacy customer moving to any pick and pay plan is eligible to all rewards 🙂 

Fyi: if someone referred a friend while they were on a grandfathered plan (Legacy) then they are not eligible for that reward, even if the friend is still a Public Mobile customer. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

srlawren

@Shazia_K excellent news, thank you!

For clarification:  does this only apply to this time-limited promo plan, or do legacy customers moving to any current in-market plan now get their full tenure amount considered for loyalty purposes?

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@srlawren

Yes, I can confirm 100% we did have one customer affected but by raising a ticket to our tech team, they were able to fix it. 

Thanks,

Shazia

srlawren

@Shazia_K wrote:

Yes,yes... yesss! 🙂 @Luddite

Say for example a customer is with Public Mobile for 3 years now, they would get the autopay reward $6 + 9$ in loyalty rewards as it's 1$ per month/year. 

They would pay $66 per 90 days 😄 awesome eh? 

@Shazia_K can you confirm this 100%?  In the past, when people switched from Legacy plans, the loyalty time did not carry over and started fresh at time of plan change.  So I'd like to be 100% certain here, please.

@stonechucker wrote:

Am I seeing things?  I thought this was posted as Canada Wide talk.... now I see Proviince Wide.

Please let me know the correct information - I've already spamed facebook with CW / GTxt.

Nope, its province-wide talk.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@stonechucker

It's province-wide talk + global text 🙂

Am I seeing things?  I thought this was posted as Canada Wide talk.... now I see Proviince Wide.

Please let me know the correct information - I've already spamed facebook with CW / GTxt.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@tod@monocycliste

You're right, the price plan page has not been updated yet due to some small technical issue. 

Everything will be aligned shortly as we have our team members looking into it. 

Thanks,

Shazia

monocycliste
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@zhadj030 not only that, but also when you're close to the border or another province PM might think you're out of the province, hence not being able to make calls. I had brought up this issue and PM granted me some Canada Wide minutes so that's + and a - .

Freedom mobile will expand to Ottawa (And Gatineau) to Summer-Fall 2017, and they also have a unlimited call and text plan for 25$ a month. PM will probably lose more customers once Freedom is installed in the Ottawa region.

tod
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@monocycliste wrote:

@tod once you go through the activation process of your sim card and plan you go through exactly what's in my screenshot. It's a little bit different from the home page of PM. As it's a special offer, it might never show up on the home page. A mod would know that.

@monocyclisteCool, it did show up under my account when I select a plan change. Good to know it's actually available on activation, perhaps the mods should have mentioned this in the post. The 4GB promo was showing up under the main page though so I assumed this one will be promoted the same way.

@Luddite it's Canada, wireless isn't really the cheapest but it should. 🙂

@SD08 the only thing I am seeing, from someone in Ottawa, is it's lack of importance, as most people live and work between Ottawa and Gatineau, so I don't really see it as a big thing that might interest anyone. I truely do hope some exceptions for zones like this. Provincial calling is not very attractive it it does not include the lacal gatineau calling

Need Help? Let's chat.